About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, May 11, 2012

(Dirt+Rain=Mud)+Boys=Fun!

At our house we have a mulch pile, a gravel pile, and up until this week a small dirt pile.  The boys were in heaven!  They would look for rocks in the dirt pile.  Joel would line them up on the skid steer and Vince would put all of his in a bucket for his rock collection.  He thinks he has a rock collection but it is usually 1 to 2 rocks at a time and I always end up putting them back outside after they spend weeks on the bathroom shelf.


Working hard!

Playing in the dirt

Vince's rock collection

The boys would climb the 3 piles and just run back and forth.  It was good and relatively clean fun.  Then it rained and rained and rained some more.  Brad spread most of the dirt out.  Joel now feels it is his mission to jump in any puddle he can find and the closer it brings him to the end of our driveway the happier he is.  Vince isn't usually far behind him and gets a kick out of running from across the yard just to jump in a puddle and the closer I am standing to it the happier he is.  The truth no matter how old you are it is fun to splash your mom (and sister) with muddy water!

Joel's object of the day: Cubs ball!

Vince was putting his rocks in a bucket

Joel stacking his rock collection on the skid steer

The area where Brad spread the dirt is a low spot next to the barn.  Now it is 1 giant mud puddle with a "mountain" in the middle.  Monday night the kids were running and splashing in it.  Vince was climbing on the "mountain".  The excitement in Joel's voice was hilarious!  He was babbling something we couldn't really understand, but he was happy.  Every once in awhile I would catch him saying "stuck" and I would have to go rescue him.  He would walk a few steps and start babbling again!  I really wish I could understand more of what he says because it was probably very funny.


Joel in a tiny puddle

Joel in a big puddle

Big Splash!
As I watched them having so much fun in the mud puddles it made me smile and I wanted to join them!  If I had rain boots like them and I wasn't holding Cecilia I really would have joined right in.  Both kids were so messy I made them strip down in the entry way so the house wouldn't get so muddy. Hopefully it all comes out in the laundry!

Having fun!

Joel stuck in the mud!  He almost lost his boot.

I have no idea why Vince was wearing a winter hat.  He dresses himself these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment