About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Vince and Logan

Vince has several friends that he loves to play with.  One of them is his friend Logan, whose mom is one of my best friends, and he has a little sister that is the same age as Joel, so playdates are fun for everyone!  We hadn't seen Logan in a very long time and this morning when I told Vince we were going over to Logan's house he was extatic and exclaimed "Oh good I missed Logan so much!"  Vince's next concern was if I was staying or just dropping him off, he was hoping I wasn't staying, and then he wanted to make sure Logan's dad was going to be there too.  I explained to Vince that Logan's dad was going to be at work.  Vince was sad because he really wanted to go for a ride in their combine.  Apparently he didn't get enough combine rides this year!

The day was filled with children running around, toys everywhere, lunch, snacks, making gingerbread houses (out of rice krispy treats), and playing outside.  While the two little kids were going down for a nap the older boys were outside playing.  I sat and watched them out the window for a good 20 minutes.  At first Logan and Vince were digging a hole at the top of a pretty steep hill in the backyard.  Then Logan accidentally rolled a little way down the hill and then Vince decided that it looked like fun.  Logan thought Vince needed help and kept trying to run after him and would grab his hood and try to stop him from going farther down the hill.  Poor Logan tried for all he was worth to stop Vince and finally gave in and rolled down the hill with him.  They spent the next 15 minutes or more rolling down the hill, grabbing a handful of rocks to carry up the hill to the hole they dug and rolling back down the hill again.  After a few trips down the hill they were having trouble walking a straight line back to the rocks.  I had a lot of fun watching them and laughing.  Logan and Vince were all smiles the whole time!


Eating the toppings


Going in for a bite of the house

After they came back inside we made gingerbread houses out of rice krispy treats, frosting, marshmallows and m&ms.  I am pretty sure more candy ended up in their mouths than on the houses.  They had a blast and when they were done Vince reached down and took a big bite out of the roof of his house, Logan followed and Heather and I grabbed the cameras and started taking pictures in between laughing.

Proud of their houses and eating techniques

One more bite!

It was a great day of the kids playing mostly without adult involvement and Heather and I getting to talk with relatively few interruptions!  I can't wait until we get together next time it was so much fun to see the kids having so much fun together.

Sharing!  At least for a couple minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment