Vince is usually pretty outgoing and is generally more than happy to start a conversation with almost anyone. Especially now that it is Christmas time he likes to say "Merry Christmas" to almost everyone. Saturday night when we were shopping we needed some parts for a plumbing project Brad and Vince were working on. Brad told Vince they needed to get an elbow and a clean out (I couldn't pick one out but Vince can). When Joel and I were looking for snow boots for Vince, none of which Vince liked and he thought they all hurt his feet, Brad and Vince were getting plumbing supplies. From what I am told Vince had about a 7 minute conversation with the associate in plumbing telling her all about how and why they needed an elbow and a clean out. Then when we were checking out Vince informed the cashier that the pipes on the on the belt were an elbow and a clean out. The cashier had no idea, neither did I, I asked Brad if Vince was right and he told us that Vince was.
I had told Vince he could sit at chairs that were along the wall close to the check out while we were finishing up in line. A nice associate came by and talked to him and it turned out she was the same one he talked to in the plumbing section. Vince told her Merry Christmas, talked to her about the supplies we got, the presents we bought for people, invited her over to our house and when she said no asked her why not? She was kind enough to explain to Vince that she had to work the next day and couldn't come over. Vince was a little disappointed. She was a very nice lady who told me that Vince reminder her of her grandson when he was little. I think I have talked to more random people in stores since Vince came along than I ever have before!

No comments:
Post a Comment