About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Reason for few updates lately

I haven't been very good at updating the blog lately, but I have a really good excuse.  Ok, it isn't that great but I feel like a large weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  During harvest the clutter in our house started to bother me.  The boys and I decided to tackle 3 of the closets in our house.  Well, the boys didn't decide anything but they had fun helping me make a mess and playing with the random things I found in the closets.  Then I just had to wait until they went to bed to throw away their new finds!  Once those 3 closets were cleaned I had my eyes set on our office and a spare room upstairs we were using as storage.  I knew I needed Brad around home for those projects, mostly to do the heavy lifting, so I waited until harvest was over. 

Weeks in advance I planned to have the boys go to our babysitter's house for the day so I could tackle the office and storage room. I had planned to do it all the day before Thanksgiving.  That way I knew Brad would be home the rest of the weekend to take stuff out to the garbage, up to the attic and to the basement for me.  I had my goal set a little too high.  All I managed to do that day was to clean out  the storage room and turn it into a toy room, but I also made a giant mess in the hallway and never even started on the office.  The office was in severe need of attention you couldn't even see our desks!  The kicker was that I had to work the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving, so Brad and I spent the weekend nights living on the edge and cleaning our desks or at least filing papers.  The exciting life of a married couple with small children!

So I have spent the rest of this week splitting my time between playing with the kids and organizing our house and trying to get it back to normal after my cleaning/organizing binge.  The good news is we can now see our desks, they are actually quite lovely!  And Brad and I were able to switch desks which we have been wanting to do since this summer.  The kids have their new playroom that they love.  I have found a home for two pieces of furniture I liked but didn't need taking up space in the house.  All our holiday decorations are organized.  We have gotten rid of a ton of junk that we didn't need anymore and took an antique cabinet to be repaired (Thanks Uncle Tom!).  The bad news is I found a lot of framed pictures that I love that need to find homes somewhere in our house other than in the box they are sitting in.  Brad has been busy doing all the hauling of things to their new locations, fixing the boys bouncy house and putting together a crib and dresser for the baby!  We have 2 more closets I would love to tackle and a couple junk drawers as well, but if I don't stop cleaning and organzing my children are not going to be happy with me.  Vince really wants the Christmas decorations set up and I promised him we would do it this weekend, so it looks like all of the organizational craziness is going to have to stop until after Christmas.

I feel so relaxed now that everything is more organized!  I think I am now ready for all of the Christmas craziness....well, mostly ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment