A way to keep family and friends updated on our family and farming.
About Me
- Kelli
- I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Two date nights...in a bathroom
Staying in a hotel with two small children is fun but presents a few challenges when it comes to bedtime. It is really hard to explain to the children that they need to go to bed but Mommy and Daddy are going to stay up and watch a movie. They aren't going to just close their eyes and go to bed and ignore the movie. The boys do really well going to bed at home, but we also put them in their beds and walk out of the room. There is no way either one would fall asleep if they could see us and we weren't sleeping. It isn't like Brad and I could really leave the hotel room and go do something together. Brad did offer to go check out the hotel bars. Well, maybe we could go sit in the hall, but I am sure that would get strange looks. So how did we spend Friday night and Saturday night? Having date nights in the bathroom of the hotel room! We had a handicap room so the bathroom was pretty big. Romantic isn't it? We took one of the chairs from the room and brought it in the bathoom and I sat on a pillow on top of a handicap stool that was in the bathroom. We put the laptop on the counter and watched a movie and Brad enjoyed a couple drinks. Friday night we also enjoyed pizza with our movie. It is a lot easier to stay awake during a movie when you aren't laying down in a comfy bed. Thank goodness for Netflix and free wifi, otherwise Friday and Saturday night would have been pretty boring.
Labels:
Brad and Kelli,
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment