About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Captain Cornelius

For the leadership program Brad is in the class was split up to do a group project.  The project was to promote agricultural literacy and to go out and educate people on what truly goes on in agriculture and dispel some of the rumors that exist.  I am not sure what other groups did, but the group Brad is in divided up and went to schools in the Peoria area, Rockford area, and one team member went and presented at the school President Obama's kids attend.  Brad's part of the group went into schools in the Rockford area to grades ranging from K-8.  In order to help entertain the kids in the lower grades they borrowed the Captain Cornelius costume from Illinois Corn Growers.  Brad had volunteered to wear it so he brought it home and tried it on a couple days before the school program.

My two super heroes!


Joel and Captain Cornelius

When Brad went to try it on I was a little worried that Joel would be scared, but he thought it was great and so did Vince.  Brad left the costume on for a good 30 minutes.  Vince insisted he put on his Superman pajamas so him and daddy could both be super heroes!  They had a blast running around the house rescuing everyone and everything.  Brad had to keep ducking his head quite a bit to make sure he fit through the door ways. 

Superman Vincent

The school presentations went well and due to some health issues with one of Brad's team members, Brad needed to be a presenter and not Captain Cornelius.  Brad really thought the kids at the schools would love Captain Cornelius and he was trying to figure out who he could get to dress up.  I declined his invitation.  Luckily we have an college intern   at the farm right now who was really excited to step up and be Captain Cornelius for all the kids.  From what I have heard Captain Cornelius was as big of a hit at the schools as he was around our house!

Notice the baby gates around the Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment