About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Let's play go fish!

I have been the financial secretary for our church for about 1.5 years and after this year is over someone else is taking over.  Vince knows that we collect the church money and take it to the bank and knows that he isn't supposed to touch or play with the green church envelope (the bank bag).  Well this week I was using a different bank back that was a little bigger and black.  I stayed up late Monday night and got everything recorded and ready to be deposited on Tuesday.

While I was at the desk trying to order a last minute Christmas gift Vince came running over and said "Mommy let's play Go Fish with your money."  I didn't answer fast enough and he said it again.  I looked down and he had a handful of money, mostly $20 dollar bills!  I knew exactly what had happened without even asking.  I forgot to put the money bag on my desk Monday night and Vince found it on the couch and opened it up to see what was in there.  I am guessing since it wasn't in the normal green bag it didn't even occur to him that it was church money.

There were cash and checks all in a pile on the living room floor!  Luckily I had already recorded everything and knew exactly how much I was supposed to have and Joel hadn't noticed what was going on and was too busy playing on his own.  In a matter of a few minutes I had it all accounted for and organized (again) and put away in a desk drawer so they couldn't play with it before we made it to the bank.

I was a little sad to be giving up my job as the financial secretary but after this incident I think it is probably a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment