About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today was my mom's birthday.  My mom is a wonderful Christian woman who is always quick to take care of everyone around her.  It doesn't matter if you need a creative idea, a meal, help with a project or problem my mom is always there to help friends and family and the occassional stranger.

I don't think my mom had very much planned for her birthday and I planned on calling her after I got off work.  I figured the boys could sing for her or something.  Then she called me this evening.  When I saw her name come up on caller ID I thought to myself, "She knows I am at work, she should know I am going to call and wish her Happy Birthday later.  Why is she calling now?"  When I heard her voice I knew something was wrong.  It turned out one of their dogs was sick and they were pretty concerned.  They were concerned enough to drive 1.5 hours to my work to have me take care of the dog.  I figured my mom and maybe one of my sisters would make the drive, I was pleasantly surprised to see my mom, my stepdad, 3 of my sisters and my sister's boyfriend.  I would like to think that they all just wanted to see me, but I have a feeling it had more to do with it being my mom's birthday and there was a promise of food.  After spending some time taking care of the dog we went to eat at one of my mom's favorite restaurants that just happens to be right by my work.

While my mom's birthday wasn't what she had planned, it didn't turn out too bad (other than the driving and the sick dog).  She got to have birthday with almost all her daughters and have her favorite pizza!  My mom's ability to be flexible and go with the flow is just another one of her strengths!  Brad and I are blessed to have her in our lives and the boys are lucky to have such a wonderful Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment