About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Change of Plans

This weekend my cousin got married!  The wedding was in the upper pennisula of Michigan where I have a lot of family.  We were really looking forward to going even though it was going to be a whirlwind trip.  Well, I was looking forward to everything but the drive.  Entertaining two children for that long in the car isn't that much fun but I figured between movies and stopping for dinner we would be ok.  We never made it to Michigan.  About half way there my back was hurting so bad that there was no way I could make the rest of the trip.  I knew my back would be sore riding in the car for so long, but in the past I could change positions and be fine.  My back would get sore on long trips when I was pregnant with the boys but nothing like it was on Friday.  After some discussion Brad and I decided we should stop driving.  Apparently Brad doesn't like to see me in pain but we were both really bummed to be missing out on all the wedding fun and getting to see all of our family.

We were close to the Wisconsin Dells when we decided to stop.  We ended up staying at an indoor waterpark and have never been packed for a trip but so unprepared as we were this weekend.  We had cold weather gear and clothes with us (mostly nice clothes for the wedding) and no swimming suits or floaties or anything like that.  Most people wandered the halls in flip flops or crocs or even gym shoes.  Brad and I had brown boots or dress shoes to choose from and the boys had boots too.  After a visit to a couple different stores we were able to find suits for the boys and Brad.  Maternity swimming suits are hard to come by normally and in December with a limited number of stores (and time) I knew it wasn't going to happen so I had to improvise but it worked!  Brad thought I should just sport a bikini, but I didn't think anyone wanted to see my big, white belly.

Even though this weekend was a far cry from what we had planned we ended up having a great time!  Normally around home Brad and I divide and conquer (1 plays with the kids while the other does something productive) but this weekend the kids got both of our undivided attention for 3 days!  Vince asked if the hotel could be our new home and we could just go home and get the dogs tomorrow and bring them back with us.  What kid wouldn't want to live somewhere with a giant indoor playground, three indoor waterparks, and tons of kids to play with, especially when they got to stay up late and watch movies 2 nights in a row and have a late night ice cream treat?!

No comments:

Post a Comment