This year I got the boys a calendar to help them count down to Christmas. It is a cute banner that has a tree on top and little ornaments that sit in numbered pockets on the bottom. Everyday you stick one of the ornaments on the tree. Vince has been calling it his Christmas clock. I am so glad I got the boys a calendar because the anticipation is killing them! (actually just Vince, Joel is too young to care). Just about every other day Vince asks me if there is anything in his stocking yet. I think he now understands he has to wait for Christmas morning, but he isn't thrilled about it. Now once a day when Vince remembers about the calendar you can hear him shouting "It's a new day!" as he runs to put another ornament on the tree. It has been great because we have been using the calendar to practice our numbers as well. One of these days Joel may realize what the calendar is about and then we will get to have a lesson in sharing too, but until then it is a fun thing for us to do every day.
It is so cute to see Vince's excitement over Christmas! He was excited about Christmas last year, but this year he understands even more and is even more excited about every aspect of Christmas (cookies, presents, decorating, etc) It is definitely helping the rest of us get into the Christmas spirit!

No comments:
Post a Comment