Brad and I didn't have very many plans for New Year's Eve, we usually don't. We had a couple invitations but decided we were just going to stay at home and hang out with the boys. The kids had no idea it was New Year's Eve and that the rest of the world was staying up late to celebrate. Which is really good, because I doubt Brad and I make it to midnight anyway.
This New Year's I will remember as being the most productive New Year's Eve I think I have ever had. I started the day by doing a blood transfusion on my mom's dog (the second dog of hers in 2 days to get a blood transfusion...stupid rat poison). We ended up doing the transfusion in my basement because I didn't want to be stuck at work watching her get a transfusion for a couple hours. At least at home the kids were able to play with Grandma Dawn, Aunt Kennidy and Aunt Annie while we took care of the dogs. Vince was so excited to see his aunts and declared Kennidy and Annie his favorite aunts.
I had really been wanting to move Vince into a new room and move Joel to Vince's old room, but Vince didn't want to move. I was hoping that while his aunts and Grandma Dawn were here that they could convince him to move to a new room. Joel is a really light sleeper and Vince's room gets the least amount of foot traffic past it and is quiet and I really wanted Joel moved to that room. Vince sleeps thru almost anything and would be fine in the room in the middle of the hallway. Vince didn't care what any of us had to say about it, he didn't want to change rooms. He loves his room! When Brad got home from running a few errands this morning I told him about the situation. He said "let me talk to him." I told him to have at it, I didn't think he was going to get very far. A few minutes later Vince was running up to my mom and sisters and asking them to help him move his beds into his new room. Brad was very proud of himself for convincing Vince to change rooms! I was really impressed! Apparently it came with promises of making it into a dinosaur room with green and orange trees. It won't match his new bedding at all, but I don't care.
We spent part of the evening moving Joel's crib, moving dressers, moving clothes to the correct rooms and organizing everyone's "new" rooms. As far as I can tell everyone is happy! Hopefully this leads to Joel sleeping better, because that would be fabulous. The rest of the evening was spent pretending we were cars from Cars 2 and racing around the house and seeing how many times 2 children could climb up and down the ladder to the top bunk (I lost count).
For the racing Vince decided he was Francesco Bernoulli, I was Lightning McQueen, Brad was Mater and Joel was a lemon. Joel kept running and falling over and laying on his belly and Brad would run up and tow him back to the shop. Joel thought it was the funniest thing ever and loved falling over and being saved! I loved watching him and Brad play together and listening to the laughter. Vince and I kept racing and he would get mad when I would win. I only won because I finally took my socks off so I would stop slipping on the hardwood floors (yes we are competitive with the 3 year old). Vince kept saying "I am Francesco Bernoulli, do you like my open tires?" Vince had his pants rolled up to his knees so he could have open tires like Francesco. Brad gave Vince the idea and Vince loved it. He spent the rest of the night looking like he was wearing capris and reminding us that he was Francesco Bernoulli.
We had a wonderful New Year's Eve playing with the boys and getting some organzing accomplished! 2011 was a wonderful year and we are looking forward to a great 2012. Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment