About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Christmas Shopping Trip with Children

Brad, the boys and I headed out last night to do a little Christmas shopping.  We didn't need a lot of things because I have majority of the shopping already done.  It was just after dinner time and I was happy to have Brad with me to do a little shopping.  For awhile we had two carts so each of the boys could be contained, but then Vince wanted to walk so we combined carts so we only had one.  Well, Joel didn't want to ride in the cart if Vince got to walk, so suddenly I was following them through the store at full speed while Brad was looking at a couple things.  First the kids found tires.  They were a little shorter than Vince and Vince was convinced he needed them for his monster truck.  Joel thought he needed them too and just kept babbling and trying to move the tires.  I was having a hard time getting them to move past the tires and keep walking so I suggested we looked for more parts for the monster truck.  We have a movie all about monster trucks and it talks about different parts, so the boys knew what they were looking for...sort of.  In our wandering around (a.k.a. keeping up with Joel) we saw jack stands on sale.  Vince called them "jackers" and was insisting he wanted them for Christmas.  I told him no and that we needed to go find Daddy and Vince could tell Daddy all about the jack stands.

A few minutes later and 10 aisles down we found Brad.  Vince and Joel dragged him all the way back to the jack stands.  Joel kept walking because he could and I looked back at Vince and Brad because I heard Brad saying "Vincent No!"  It was too late, Vince had already reached up and tried to lift a jack stand box off the shelf to put it in the cart and it was way to heavy for him and Brad was not close enough to catch it.  The box knocked Vince over as it came crashing to the floor.  No one was hurt!  There were a few other customers walking down the aisle and saw the whole thing happen.  Brad said you could hear them grimace as the box fell and then they started laughing when they saw Vince was ok and that we were laughing too.  We then had a full meltdown in the store because Brad told Vince we didn't need the jack stands and we had some at home.  Vince was crying because he wanted his own jackers and he didn't want to wait until Christmas and he didn't want to share.  Ten minutes later and a trip through the toy aisle and we found several 100 things Vince wanted and he stopped talking about the jackers...at least until we got in the car.

In the toy aisle Vince found a Dinosaur Train train and action figure set that he insisted he needed!  I told him he had one already and that it was at Nanno's house.  I had taken a few toys to Nanno's house so they would have things to play with there.  Vince wanted Nanno to stop borrowing his toy and give it back.  He wanted to drive to Nanno's house right now and get it back.  We tried to tell him that it was late (8:30pm) and too far of a drive and he would have to wait until we saw Nanno in 1 week.  Vince told us it was that far and we just needed to be patient and we would get there!  You have to love when your own words come back to get you!  At least we know he hears us when we talk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment