About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Unusual Music Choices

Most days when I am home the boys and I listen to a lot of music.  Usually we listen to a Veggie Tales radio station on Pandora.  They play christian songs, songs from Veggie Tales, Disney songs, Chipmunks songs, etc.  When we are in the car we usually listen to a country station or a CD from vacation bible school.  The boys love to dance around the house and sing a lot of the songs.  When Vince was little he had one song that would instantly calm him down and it was a vacation bible school song.   You could start singing it and he would go from screaming/crying to being happy.  Until recently there wasn't one song we could play or sing to make Joel stop crying and I have tried a lot of different songs.  A couple weeks ago at 4:30am Joel was crying and I couldn't get him to stop.  I reached for my phone and started playing Sick 'Em on a Chicken by the Zac Brown Band ( I was desperate for a few more hours of sleep) and he was instantly calm and went back to sleep.  I thought it must have been a fluke, but I was happy with the results.  The last couple weeks we have tried it out when Joel is upset and he will stop crying and smile and then sing along.  If you know the song there is a part where they make chicken noises and Joel will make chicken noises and then laugh.  The other night Joel woke up right when I was trying to go to bed and I finally got tired of listening to the crying and brought him in bed with me.  He kept fussing and wouldn't settle down.  I played Sick 'Em on a Chicken and he was looked like he was asleep instantly, then the chicken noise part came on and he starting making chicken noises in a whisper with his eyes shut.  When it was all over he was sound asleep.  We have tried many other songs, even other Zac Brown Band songs and this is the only one that calms him down.  I don't understand, but I am just happy to have something I know Joel likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment