About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Speeding tickets, Speakers and Hot Chicks

Last week when we were driving to my mom's house we went a different route than usual.  The slight change in route took us thru a really small town with 2 stop signs and a funny change in speed limits.  The boys were both sleeping so Brad and I had plenty of time to talk.  Brad remarked that it has been awhile since he got a speeding ticket in that town.  It turned into reminiscing about the whole ordeal and the events that lead up to and followed the speeding ticket.  Here is my account of what happened.  Keep in mind I wasn't there for any of the events, I was just told about them afterwards.

Brad's cousin, Jen, was a veterinarian and there was a foal (baby horse) that was sick and needed to get down to the U of I quickly and the owner's couldn't take the foal down there themselves for one reason or another.  Brad worked weekends at the time and had some free time on his hands so Jen asked him to take the foal down.  Brad had borrowed a big van from his brother (who had a van for his business...spreading biosolids) to take the foal down there.  On the way to get the foal Brad was pulled over for speeding and got a ticket.  Brad and the foal made it down to the U of I.  I was going to vet school at the time and Brad and I were engaged.  After dropping off the foal Brad headed back home and stopped at a home improvement store to pick something up...at the time his house was in need of a lot of renovation (we still have some to go, but that is another story or 10) and trips to home improvement stores were a normal occurence.  Actually there have been times when we have been such regulars at the home improvement stores that several of the employees knew us by name.  While at the store a woman ( I am told she was really hot...somehow that makes it ok I guess) got out of a van and approached Brad about buying speakers.  The woman and a man showed Brad the speakers they had in the van.  At the time Brad was needing/wanting new speakers for the house and Brad is always on the look out for a deal.  Brad tried to get away by saying he didn't have his check book on him.  I guess they quickly volunteered to follow Brad home and the woman offered to ride with Brad.  He agreed because and I quote "she was hot" the joke was on her though because Brad was still in his brother's van that spelled like biosolids (poop).  At this point most normal people would have just totally blown off the speaker sales people or not even entertained the idea of buying speakers out of the back of an unmarked van in a parking lot, but not Brad.

While we were in the car driving talking about all of this I mentioned to Brad how dangerous the whole situation could have been.  They could have easily robbed Brad and beat him up or worse once they got back to his house.  They were probably severly disappointed when they showed up to a house in the middle of nowhere where the most valuable thing associated with the house was a cabinet that was built into the house.  At the time there was green shag carpeting all over the house, Brad's grandma's and aunt's old furniture (they had newer furniture at their houses) and hideous wall paper everywhere.

Once they were back at Brad's house they ended up convincing him that their speakers were better than any name brand speaker and that they were cutting him a great deal!  Brad ended up buying 2 speakers which I am pretty sure ended up ruining his receiver several months later and one quit working all together with in a year.  Brad will argue the part about them ruining the receiver, but until he has his own blog my version wins.

I had called Brad after classes got over that day and he was in the van with the "hot lady" and didn't tell me what was going on just that he would call me back.  I couldn't believe the story.  I thought he was making it up!  At first I was irritated that he could do something so silly, but it was his money, so I just laughed at him.  Not with him, at him!

It was a fun time remembering that story.  When we got done Brad said "Now that is bloggable" so I took that a permission to write about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment