About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!  It is just so much fun to see family and there is no holiday hustle and bustle yet.  We spent Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family.  My grandma and her sister always got together for Thanksgiving with their families.  My aunt has since passed and my grandparents are now snowbird's, but the rest of us all get together.  It amounts to about 50 people and my dad's cousin and his family are nice enough to let us all in their house for the day!  Everyone has a job and they switch around a little from year to year but everyone brings something delicious.  You can usually find the guys outside standing around the grills cooking the 6 turkeys.  Then the rest of us are either spread out upstairs or playing with the kids in the basement.  It is fun to see all the little cousins playing together and it is great visiting and catching up with everyone!  Most years the kids put on a Thanksgiving play which is a long standing tradition that started when my cousins and I were younger, but the younger cousins don't seem to get as excited about it as we did.  Rumor has it that next year there might just be a talent show.  Another highlight is the slideshow!  There are a mix of new and old pictures of everyone and we all end up laughing hysterically! 


3 of my beautiful cousins!

My aunt and cousins....maybe a Christmas card picture
This year my cousin and his wife designed a t-shirt for Thanksgiving and everyone ordered one and we had a big family picture.  It was the first time all day that everyone was in one place.  Vince was up front with me and looked behind him and said "Who are all these people?"  I told him that they were all his cousins, Aunts and Uncles.  He was quite amazed that he was related to all those people!

More Cousins...they were trying to watch football

Jumping into a pile of cushions...oh to be a kid!

A conversation over drinks...literally
Thanksgiving was wonderful and I got to take home some pizzelles so I was thrilled.  As a matter of fact pizzelles were my breakfast and dinner the next day....Healthy? No!  Delicious? You bet!


My dad, sisters and me and my uncle in the background

My cousin carving 1 of 6 turkeys

My cousin helping Joel play a violin
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


A dirty look for stealing turkey while it is being carved

More family pictures....Vince didn't get the memo we were taking a picture

No comments:

Post a Comment