About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Not smart enough for a smart phone

Good friends of ours live just outside of Peoria, where I was attending a conference this weekend, and I went out there on Friday to visit with them and have dinner. Unfortunately due to distance and everyone's busy schedule we don't get to see our friends but a few times a year.  That being said when we do go to their house Brad is always driving and I do not pay very much attention to where we are going.  That being said, I am not familiar at all with Peoria so I had put their address in my phone and used my GPS program to find their house. My phone kept telling me it was going to take 7 hours to get to their house (25 miles or so away) and wouldn't take me to the major interstate that I knew I was supposed to take. I was mad and kept reentering the address and asking it to recalculate.  I got tired of trying to outsmart the phone and decided to just follow the directions, because there was no way it was going to take that long.  At one point I was a little lost in what appeared to be a not so nice part of town but quickly figured out where I was supposed to be. Once I was back on track I called Brad and told him my phone was acting weird.   After telling him what it was doing he quickly told me it was set to walking mode, my guess is that he had done that before.  No wonder it wouldn't take me to the interstate earlier!  About 30 minutes later and several close encounters with deer on the backroads and I was at our friend’s house.

It was great to relax and visit at their house while their kids played and entertained us. They have a daughter and a son and they are both 1 year younger than our 2. At first I wished my boys were there to play with their kids, but that would have been a lot more work for me! It was a blast watching their kids and not having to worry about chasing my boys around all night. It definitely left more time for talking!  Hopefully next time we get together the boys and Brad can come too!

No comments:

Post a Comment