Like most houses with small children we have a time out chair. The time out chair in our house has moved a couple times. Mostly because once Joel came along and we had more baby gates up it was too much work to climb over the baby gates to put Vince in time out and Vince knew it. Currently it is a purple chair that just happens to be my massage chair that is in the dining room and you can't see the tv or anyone playing in the living room when you are sitting in the chair. Sometimes I give myself timeouts just so I can get a nice massage! Unfortunately the boys also see it as time to jump and climb all over me or to turn off the master switch on the chair. Anyway, there used to be a lot more time outs in our house, but lately Vince is down to 1 a week and it usually has to do with hurting Joel or refusing to share. Joel is still too young to understand time out so sometimes when he is getting in too much trouble or bothering Vince too much I just stick him in his highchair for a little while if distractions techniques aren't working. Joel is pretty determined so distraction only helps 50% of the time.
The other day Joel was bothering Vince. Vince wasn't wanting to share a toy and before I knew what happen Joel was on the floor crying and I am pretty sure he didn't fall on his own. I put Vince in time out and within 30 sec Joel was up and over at the time out chair crawling in Vince's lap. Vince was crying and mad because "Joel buggin' me" but Joel was laughing and thought it was a fun new game. I did feel bad for Vince but on the other hand it was too funny not to take a picture. After the picture I saved Vince from Joel! Hopefully it never gets to the point where I need 2 time out chairs at the same time. If it comes to that we will just have a time out bench!
 |
| Joel looks pretty proud of himself and you can tell Vince is not happy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment