At Awana Club this week they had a talent show/show and tell. All the kids from the 3 different age groups and some parents were in attendance. I didn't know about the talent show until the night before Awana Club. I asked Vince if he wanted to sing a song or something for the talent show. He was excited and we started to think about songs. I asked him what song he wanted to sing and he said "Mighty Mega Monster Truck" from his Monster Truck movie. I don't really like the song and I can't understand half the words he says when he is singing it. I asked him if there was any other songs he wanted to sing and he said "Hakuna Matata" from the Lion King. He only knows about 4 or 5 lines from it but he does a good job singing the lines he does know. He practiced a few times and he was all excited for Awana Club.
When we got there I still wasn't quite sure Vince was going to go up front and sing in front of everyone. There were easily over 50 people there. They had the cubbies go first and Vince raised his hand and was asking me if he could go first! He didn't get to go first but he was one of the first 5 kids to go. When it was his turn he walked right up to the microphone stand and went to start singing. The leader asked Vince what song he was going to sing and Vince clearly announced "Hakuna Matata" and began to sing (he only knows a few lines of the song). He did a great job! Afterwards everybody applauded and he shot me a huge smile and than ran back to his seat. Vince was so happy and I was so proud of him!
Singing in front of a group is nothing that I could ever do without some liquid courage. For starters I can't carry a tune in a bucket and I get nervous getting up in front of people. As a little kid my cousins and I would put together plays, especially at Thanksgiving, but it was just in front of family. Brad doesn't enjoy public speaking but will do it if he has to. My grandfather loves to entertain and so does my dad to an extent, apparently it just skipped a generation!
My friend Amy was well prepared with her video camera and was nice enough to video Vince for me. Below is the video. Enjoy!

He couldn't be any cuter!!! Seriously!! :)
ReplyDelete