On Wednesday morning the boys were playing with my phone and looking at pictures and videos, mostly of themselves, when they found a video Aunt Alyse sent them. Vince just kept trying to talk to the video and was getting frustrated that Aunt Alyse wasn't talking back. Joel was thrilled because Vince was letting him hold the phone and Aunt Alyse was holding her dog in the video. I explained to Vince that it was just a video and she couldn't hear him. Vince responded "I want to talk when she can see me and I can see a picture of myself too." He was talking about the webcam. We recently got a computer that has a webcam and we have only used it once (to talk to Alyse and my dad) so far but he remembered.
That night we called Aunt Alyse on the computer and had a video chat session with her. I don't know what Alyse thought of the whole thing but it was nothing short of three ring circus on our end. Vince kept trying to have a conversation with Aunt Alyse. Joel kept attacking the computer. He was trying to press buttons, sit on the computer, he kept saying "hi" and looking at himself in the computer, and then he started saying "tickle, tickle, tickle" and pressing all the keys on the computer. I grabbed a large book and put it over the keyboard. It stopped the key pressing but then Joel crawled on the computer and then Vince tried to follow him. I got up with the computer and walked away. Vince took my phone and started playing Angry Birds. Joel followed me to the dining room and climbed on the table, did a dance, and then jumped on my back and kept on talking to Alyse. Then he said "bye" and shut the laptop. At this point I decided it was time to end the conversation and I let Vince say good bye, then I let Joel say good bye and he say "bye yse." Alyse and I swore he said "bye Alyse" but perhaps we were hearing things. I told Joel to say bye again and he said "bye yse," so I guess it is official he can say Alyse's name or at least part of it!
The boys love to video chat and hopefully we can work on the proper way to act while using the webcam. If anyone wants to video chat with us let us know. I can't promise you will hear anyone over Joel, but it should be interesting if nothing else!

No comments:
Post a Comment