About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Things Vincent Says...

These last few days Vince has been making Brad and I laugh even more than usual and most of the time he isn't even trying!  It may be that Brad and I are just easily amused, which is probably the case, but here are some Vincent stories from the last several days.

Last week when I went to pick Vince up from Awana Club one of the teachers asked me to wait for a minute because they had to talk to me about something Vince had said.  I was worried.  You never know what is going to come out of his mouth these days and a few days previous he was asking how the baby was going to get out of my belly and I was really vague on the answer.  Four of the teachers walked over and I was a little more concerned.  Apparently they were talking about things they were thankful for and Vince said he was going to have a baby sister after Christmas and that her name was going to be Vinny.  The teachers thought maybe they had heard the name wrong or he couldn't pronounce it right because naming one child Vincent and another one Vinny just didn't make sense to them.  So, they just wanted to tell me the story and to find out what we were really naming the baby.  I assured them that it wasn't going to be Vinny.  I was so happy that was the only reason they needed to talk to me.


We were driving somewhere and Brad said "Boys, isn't your Mommy pretty?"  Vince said "Yeah, but sometimes she's bad."  I quickly asked why I was bad and Vince said "Because you don't let me play Angry Birds on your phone all the time."


Thursday I was talking to my sisters and mom on the phone and they wanted to talk to Vince too.  Vince didn't really want to talk because he was helping me make pies.  Vince hung up before my sister Kasi could talk to him.  When she called back he talked to her for a couple minutes and then I heard him say "yeah, yeah, ok, ok, ok, I know, I gotta go bye."  This has become a common theme this weekend.  Yesterday he was on the phone with my grandma and he didn't want to be talking, he want to be play a game on my phone.  He talked to my grandma for a little bit, which was quite the conversation including a detailed explanation why he couldn't come over to her house.  "It will be dark soon and then I have to go to bed and get some sleep" it was 8:30 am when he was talking to her.  He then went on to say "It was really nice of you to give me the ambulance toy last year."  The conversation went on a little longer and then he started saying "Uh, I gotta go play my game.  I will call you back later.  Bye." and he attempted to hang up the phone.  Really?!  I wonder sometimes if he is 3 or 13!


Last night we were at my grandparents for dinner and my grandpa said "Vince why are you getting so big."  Vince replied "I eat a lot of food and I get some rest.  Then I will be strong like my daddy.  If you eat a lot of food and get rest you can be big and strong like Daddy too, then you won't be old anymore."


On the way home from my grandparents I was driving and Brad was playing Angry Birds (a new family favorite) on his phone.  It was almost 10 pm and the kids needed to go to bed.  Vince unfortunately was wide awake.  He kept asking Brad if he could borrow his phone to play games.  Brad said "No" because he was playing with it.  Vince finally gave up and asked me if he could use my phone.  He wasn't happy when I said "No".  I really wanted him to go to bed and not stay up playing games.  Vince was complaining and whining and Brad said jokingly "Mommy is being ridiculous." And Vince replied "Yeah, let's get rid of her." Vince however did not sound like he was joking!

Life with a 3 year old is never dull!

No comments:

Post a Comment