About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, September 26, 2011

A Telescope

Today my house was filled with 3 little boys!  We were watching my cousin's son, Brett, who is Joel's age.  We had just built a pirate ship in the living room, when Vince decided he needed a telescope.  The pirate ship was really a tent made out of blankets but Vince wanted it to be a pirate ship and Joel and Brett are not old enough to argue the details.  All summer Vince has been wanting telescopes so lately I have been saving toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls for him.  I didn't want to drag all 3 boys upstairs to get the toilet paper rolls out of my bathroom so I told Vince he could go get them by himself.  My exact words were "Vince there are 2 telescopes upstairs in my bathroom on the back of the toilet.  Please bring them both downstairs so everyone can have one."  There was a third one in the downstairs bathroom and I was trying to avoid any arguments over toys.  Vince went upstairs and took longer than I thought he should have, but it was a lot of directions for him to follow and he is easily distracted.  He came downstairs with 1 telescope and I figured if that was the only misunderstanding and he didn't get up there and yell for me to come help I would just be happy with the results.  After all the kids went down for a nap I was upstairs and I noticed toilet paper on the floor by the toilet.


Notice the 2 empty toilet paper rolls still on the toilet.


I am guessing Vince didn't notice the 2 empty toilet paper rolls on the back of the toilet and took it upon himself to unroll the toilet paper that was on the holder.  I should have been upset but it was only half a roll and it was just funny.  I never did say anything to Vince, he was just so proud when he came downstairs with his telescope all by himself I didn't have the heart to reprimand him when he woke up from his nap.  At least he confirmed once again that he is a good problem solver!

1 comment: