| Vincent playing in the yard |
A way to keep family and friends updated on our family and farming.
About Me
- Kelli
- I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Outgoing Vincent!
From an early age Vincent has always been outgoing. His first real word was “Hi” and he would say it to everyone. When we went grocery shopping anyone that we passed in an aisle he would say hi to. Then if they didn’t say hi back he would just keep saying it over and over again and get louder each time hoping for a response. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t. I still don't understand why people couldn't say "hi" back to him.
I thought that was just going to be a phase he went thru, but he is still the same way. To him no one is a stranger they are all his friends. If he sees other kids somewhere he will walk right up and say hi and introduce himself, usually they just stare at him and the parents start talking to him. When he sees someone and starts to run off I will tell him to stay close and ask him what he is doing. His response is typically something along the lines of “ I want to go see my friends” . I will say, but you don’t know them and he says “but they are my friends”. When we were at dinner on vacation he politely thanked the waitress for his booster seat and drink. On the way out we walked past someone whose hand was up because he was telling a story and Vince gave him a high five. At the farm progress show he walked up to several kids/families and started talking. He is definitely making me more outgoing! Later he was giving high fives to people passing by the bleachers at one booth, and started conversations with several people at the dairy farm. While we were camping a group of people that looked like they could be grandpaents came by on their scooters and Vince started waving and talking to them. They all proceed to stop (there was 6 of them) and all started talking to Vince and us. He is like our little ambassador and goes around making friends for us. It makes Brad and I laugh because we are not that outgoing, but we hope Vince stays that way and hopefully Joel, Brad and I can learn a little from him.
Labels:
Vince
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment