There comes a time in every child's life when they try to convince their parents to do their homework for them. For Vince that was today!
 |
| Vince riding over Labor Day Weekend...he looks incident doesn't he? |
Vince is doing Awana Club through a local church and it just started last week. I told him he was able to go to school because he is doing so well with potty training. The rest of the story is that last Monday night my friend told me about the program at her church that was starting the next day. It sounded like a great program, it is relatively close to home, is at a convenient time for me and gives Vince an opportunity to be with other kids. Plus it is less than 5 minutes from the grocery store, so I get to go shopping with only 1 helper instead of 2!
When we showed up for registration I had no idea what to expect, but Vince was given a vest (that he will earn badges for) and a workbook. Today we decided to work on the workbook in preparation for Awana Club. We had to read a story, color a picture in the book, memorize a couple verses and answer a question together. When it was time to work on the picture Vince kept trying to get me to color the picture for him. "Mommy you do it, I not doing a good job." "Mommy I not good at this, you should do it." "How about you just color the apples and I will do the tree." All very good attempts and at first I did color the giraffe's legs for him, but then I stopped because I realized what was transpiring.
 |
| photo by Chiavario Photography |
As I relayed all of this to Brad tonight, Brad just shook his head and laughed. We both agreed we have a long road ahead of us if Vince is already trying to get us to do his work. Maybe after a few failed attempts he will stop trying...doubtful but it is possible! It is more likely that he will just move on to getting his siblings to do his work while he supervises.
No comments:
Post a Comment