About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sleepover

Yesterday Vince woke up from his nap and told me that he wanted to sleepover at Grandma Diane's house.  I told him that he got to in a couple weeks and he said that he and Joel really wanted to sleepover there that night.  I tried to talk him into a different night, but he was determined.  I called Grandma and she said sure, even though I told her our vehicle with the carseats was at her house and she would have to come pick up the boys.  I had tried to convince him that he would have more fun with Grandma if Joel stayed with me.  He kept telling me "No, we are brothers we need to stay together, I need to protect him."  We finally agreed that I would pick Joel up and take him with me to do errands in the morning so he could stay and play at Grandma's by himself.

When Grandma got to our house Vince and Joel were so excited!  As I was helping them all to the car Vince kept saying "Bye Mommy" and not wanting we to walk to the car.  I think he was worried I was going to Grandma's too.  As I was getting the boys in their car seats Vince told me "Don't worry Mommy I will protect Joel so he doesn't get squished like a bug!"  There is a lot of farm equipment and trucks in and out of the farm and I tell the kids when we are there that they need to stay close to me.  When Vince asks why I tell him I don't want him to get squished like a bug.  It turns out he is actually listening to me!

Brad worked until late, so I had the house to myself for a few hours.  It was pretty quiet and nice!  I wasn't as productive as I wanted to be but I did get to watch tv uninterrupted and sleep in a little.

Thanks Grandma Diane!

No comments:

Post a Comment