The day after our dinner cruise
we had the Schlapp Family Reunion. The
Schlapp family is Diane’s mom’s side of the family and is held just a few miles
from our church at the Kellogg Pond.
Brad’s Uncle John (Diane’s brother) and Aunt Jan are nice enough to host
it every year. Rumor was that if it
rained it would be cancelled. I made the
mistake of saying out loud, in front of Diane, that I hoped it rained. I really like Brad’s family but I was exhausted
from our late night and taking a nap in the afternoon instead of going to the
reunion sounded fun.
| Grace and Kristine |
It rained, but it wasn’t storming so the reunion still occurred. The adults spent most of the time under the picnic shelter while the children ran around played in the rain and also fished in the rain. It didn’t rain the whole time, there were times when the rain would let up for a little while and we could all leave the shelter. As usual the food was delicious! I love potlucks!
There were some cousin wrestling
matches, among both the older and younger cousins. When you are that close to a pond somebody is
going to go in! Unfortunately I missed it when my brother in law John pushed Brad's cousin Matt in the pond. Apparently the look on Matt's face was priceless and a little scary. There was an attempt at retaliation, but a little cousin got in the way and Matt didn't follow through with it.
The younger cousins also decided to get each other in the pond. Poor Amos was the target of most of the efforts. He asked me for help, but I didn't want to get involved so I told him to "stay low and make sure he takes at least one of them in the pond with him." I don't know if he followed my advice or his wonderful wrestling skills saved him, but as far as I know they didn't get him in the pond!
I was glad the reunion wasn't cancelled mostly because Aunt Marge made the trip down from Michigan to attend the reunion. She is a wonderful, interesting, Christian woman and she is just amazing!
| Uncle John and Dean |
| Kristine and Ellie |
The younger cousins also decided to get each other in the pond. Poor Amos was the target of most of the efforts. He asked me for help, but I didn't want to get involved so I told him to "stay low and make sure he takes at least one of them in the pond with him." I don't know if he followed my advice or his wonderful wrestling skills saved him, but as far as I know they didn't get him in the pond!
| Attacking Amos |
| Don't worry Amos the pond is fun to swim in |
| Amos trying very hard not to be pushed in the pond |
| Amos and Mary |
I was glad the reunion wasn't cancelled mostly because Aunt Marge made the trip down from Michigan to attend the reunion. She is a wonderful, interesting, Christian woman and she is just amazing!
| Walt, Aunt Marge and Uncle John |

No comments:
Post a Comment