| Joel, Grace, Mary and Myles. WATER FIGHT!!! |
On Labor Day as we were packing up and heading home, Aunt Linda left me a voicemail asking if I could stop by and take a look at Grace's lame horse. Their house is sort of on our way home so I said sure. It was pretty hot on Labor Day and when we got there Mary and Myles were getting ready to play with water balloons. Vincent, Joel and Cecilia were thrilled at the short car ride and were ready to go play and our dogs took off to investigate the yard. Grace and I went to look at her horse, Chesney. Chesney appeared to have a hoof abscess and will be fine. It took all of 10 minutes to look at her horse. We spent the next hour or more playing at the Thompson's.
| Myles getting Grace |
They were throwing water balloons, playing with water guns and spraying each other with the hose. It was so hot and I happily jumped in on the fun and got wet. The water was like ice, but it felt really great on such a hot day. While we all had fun, Brad went to work on the motorhome. The driver's window was stuck down and was going to make for a loud ride home if it stayed that way.
| Myles, Mary and Joel |
They had a small water trough they had filled with water. Joel was having fun going in and out of it. Then somehow he managed to fall in head first. It almost looked like he was trying to do a somersault. He went under and came back up and didn't know what to think about it. We all started laughing and telling him good job and he had a big smile on his face!
| Joel jumping in the ice cold water |
My kids wanted to go play on the swing set and Mary, Myles and Grace were nice enough to join them. Someone had the great idea to turn the slide into a water slide! Joel and Vince were having a blast. Mary would stand at the bottom to catch Joel and she did well the first few times, but then she started missing completely. She would have her arms held out and he would just sail right through them into the mud puddle. After a few misses Myles thought he would have a try at catching Joel and Mary tried out the water slide. Everyone, but Grace (she was in charge of holding the hose on the slide), went down the slide on their bellies and would flop right into an every growing puddle.
| Vince dragging Joel around...I have no idea why |
Vince and Joel were very upset when we had to leave and Brad and I made them hose off before we let them in the motorhome! Not as upset as they would have been if they found out what we did on our way home. On the way home from Thompson's we stopped by the ice cream shop where Brad and I had our first date. Brad pulled over on the side of the road, ran across the street and bought ice cream for the two of us. Then we spent the next 20 minutes in the motorhome secretly eating it without the kids noticing. The kids can't see the driver's seat from their seats so Brad was safe. I on the other hand had to eat mine while sitting sideways and staring out the window so they couldn't see what I was doing. We are mean parents, but it was totally worth it!
| Grace, Mary, Vincent, Joel and Myles (Thanks Aunt Linda for the picture!) |
I have to say this was the most fun I have ever had on any sort of farm call!

No comments:
Post a Comment