About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Jill and Joe's Engagement Party


The weekend after Labor Day we celebrate Jill and Joe’s engagement!  Joe’s family invited all of us to their house to meet their family (immediate family, aunts and uncles, and grandparents).  I was a little nervous about bringing the kids because there was going to be a lot of people they didn’t know and rumor had it there was a pond and a pool.  I wasn’t as worried about Vince or Cecilia, but Joel doesn’t always do well at parties when he doesn’t know anyone.  At least that is what I thought, but like usual Joel surprised me.  He was outgoing, happy, sweet and made friends with several of Joe’s aunts.  He really wanted to go swimming in the pool, but after attempting to open the pool gate and failing several times he got over it.  The other time that Joel was so outgoing at a party was also with Joe’s family, so I have concluded he must like them.



The father of the bride



The aunts getting to know each other



Jill and Aunt Carol


Nanno and Cecilia

Vincent had a blast at the party!  He introduced himself and shook hands with several people and made friends with most of Joe’s friends and brothers.  He took full advantage of our “party rule” and enjoyed a lot of pop.  At dinner I founded him down by the pool with Joe’s brothers.  I told Vince I had his food ready up on the deck and he said “No, I am going to eat by Jake.”  I told him to eat by us and then he could come back by his friends.  He politely refused.  I said “If you eat down here you will be having water to drink and if you eat by me you can have pop.”  Vincent happily said “fine I will just have water” and he sat down at the table with all the groomsmen (Joe’s friends and brothers).  I agreed and told the guys if they got tired of Vincent to sent him up.  As I kept an eye on Vince from afar I was cracking up!  Vince was jumping in on the conversations the guys were having, he had them all laughing uncontrollably at one point and then pointed toward me and said “That’s Kelli!”  Really, my 4 year old is too cool to call me mom when he is with his older friends!


Joel making friends


Vincent and his new friends


Beautiful scenery



Papa Ron and Joe


It was a fantastic night!  Joe’s family (immediate and extended) was so warm and welcoming.  I felt like I had known them forever!  They were all so great!  The party couldn’t have been better: good food, great dessert and wonderful company!  Jill is marrying into a wonderful family and Joe is too.  I am very excited to for them to start their lives together and for more fun family gatherings.


Bianca, Brandon and Kasi
Joel and Mommy

Joel giving a toast

No comments:

Post a Comment