About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Labor Day Weekend Part 2


During the course of the weekend we basically rode, ate and relaxed around camp.  The kids rode, ate, and ran circles around the campsite, wrestled, played, watched movies (when we needed them to relax before bed) and spent some time in time-out.  I am pretty sure Cecilia is the only one who wasn’t in time out at all.  One afternoon for a few hour stretch it seemed like there were always 2 kids crying: the one that got hurt (hit, pinched, toy taken away, etc) and the one that was getting a time-out.  It really became comical!  The time outs were usually for rough play.  Everyone was probably in need of a nap! 


Erik and Logan

Heather and Lexi


Vince and Brad


At some point I had told Vince to go potty before we got on the horses.  He didn’t want to so I told him he could go outside behind the horse trailer.  Logan said he had to go to, so I sent them together.  There was a lot of laughing and Heather went to check on the boys.  Logan had told Vince to pee in the bucket of water (that was intended  for the horses).  Vince followed his directions.  Heather and I tried to pretend we weren’t amused.  I made the boys apologize to all the horses!  I asked Vince why he did it if he knew it was a bad idea.  He said "Mommy, I like having a goofy plan!"

Me and Joel

Logan and Vince and I think Vince is attached to the dog leash

We spent a lot of time riding!  Heather and Erik rode double with Lexi and Logan.  I rode with Cecilia, Brad rode with Joel and Vince rode on Barney (Brad ponied him).  Then Vince would almost fall asleep on Barney, so the plan would have to change.  One time Logan took Vince’s place on Barney.  One time we had no choice but to put Joel on Barney, alone!  Joel loved being ponied around on Barney!  It could be a problem if he decides he likes that better than riding double.



Barney babysitting Joel


Joel riding Barney

Maisy loving Keith.  I have a very similar picture of the 2 of them from about 5 years ago.


On Saturday my inlaws, niece and nephew joined us for a trail ride.  Heather’s parents also stopped by the campground.  My father in law and Heather’s dad went and checked out the grist mill while the rest of us went riding.  Heather’s mom stayed back and watched Cecilia.  Which I am told was going fine until the last 10 minutes when Cecilia decided that she wanted me and only me.  It was a nice ride and it was great to see my nephew so confident riding his new horse.  It was also fun to see Keith playing with all the little kids around camp and letting them wrestle him down.  They thought it was so much fun!



Adults at camp!


Keith.  Such a good kid!

The little kids convinced they could take Keith!  Lexi was tying up his feet!



There was only 1 time all weekend that the kids scared me.  When we camp everyone keeps their horses tied up on picket lines.  Joel took off running towards another camp, but he was headed for someone else’s horses.  I took off running behind him and when I caught a glimpse of him he was just coming to a stop in a horse’s hay pile.  The horse had no idea what to think and thankfully it didn’t freak out.  


Logan, Vince, and Lexi trying to take Keith down again


Vince getting Keith....I don't think he really bit him, just his shirt

It was our (camping) neighbors’ horse that Joel scared.  All weekend Vince kept referring to our (camping) neighbors as “my uncle.”  Brad found it hilarious because I had gone on one date years ago with our camping neighbor.  I asked Vince why he kept calling him his uncle.  Vince told me that Logan asked him if that was his uncle and Vince said “yes”.  Silly Kid!  


Bristol and Cecilia (giving me a funny look)


When Heather, Erik, Logan and Lexi left for home on Sunday evening Vince was very sad!  I was too, but I am an adult and I get to talk to my friend on the phone, by email and by text whenever I want and Vince is 4years old and doesn’t get to do those things yet.  When they left my inlaws pulled in next to us and spent Sunday evening until Monday camping with us.  They just got a new horse trailer and it is pretty amazing and like nothing I have ever seen before.  They attracted a lot of attention and gave a lot of tours of the horse trailer and loved every minute of it!


Camp Monday morning


Keith

Joel and Barney

We had a great weekend!  I am hopeful that the Crawford-Stewart Labor Day Camping Adventure will become an annual thing....even if it is not actually on Labor Day weekend next time.


This is one of the few picture of Cecilia riding!  Thanks Heather for the picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment