About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Dinner Cruise


My brother in law, Bob, has been a part of a group of farmers from across the country that get together and more or less bounce ideas off each other.  They meet twice a year.  Last week they met at our farm for two days.  They had meetings all day Friday and Saturday, but on Saturday night we took all of the participants and their spouses on a dinner cruise in Chicago.  It was the first time I had ever been on a dinner cruise like this.  It was a beautiful boat!


The cruise was very nice and the people in the group were wonderful.  They all farm a variety of crops and are very knowledgeable about farming and business in general.  Several of them even invited us out to see their operations if we were ever in the area.  I plan on taking them up on that eventually.  It was a great evening!  The food was delicious, the desserts were great, the drink I had was wonderful, and there was even live entertainment and dancing.  


The only picture we took...it isn't even good!


There were a few glitches in the whole plan though.  For starters the cruise was a lot longer than I had thought, so I had to text my babysitter part way through and let her know we were going to be home a couple hours late.  Then there is the whole drinking on a boat thing.  I only had one very delicious beverage and I took an hour to drink it.  At one point I couldn’t tell if I was feeling the effects of the alcohol or if the boat was just swaying.  I asked Brad and he said he was pretty sure it was the boat or his drink was really strong too.


Half way through the cruise there were fireworks, so we went to the top deck of the boat to watch.  It was the first time I have actually seen fireworks this year.  They were gorgeous over the Chicago skyline!  Even though it was 2 am by the time we got home I was really glad I had the opportunity to go on the cruise.  Less happy when the kids were up at 6:30am, but I got over that!



Fireworks and someone's arm

No comments:

Post a Comment