About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dinner and a Movie


After our time swimming with the Bonomo’s the kids and I bee lined it to the farm.  On Tuesday night I was informed that Claas (the manufacturer of our combine) was coming to the farm Wednesday night to film and they wanted everyone there for dinner.  I guess they filmed around the farm on Tuesday and Wednesday.  We (Diane, Craig, Bob, Sarah and their kids, Brad, Me and our kids) are going to be Claas's North American family representatives in the promotional video they are putting together.  The video we helped them make a couple years ago with the record harvest turned out really well and hopefully this one does too.
At the farm we had dinner (they provided steaks!) and they filmed us preparing dinner, playing in the yard and eating.  The kids were running around and playing and Joel was being Joel.  The Stewart’s are very serious eaters so they had to remind us a few times to talk and have fun.  While I was inside getting food for the boys the camera crew started talking to Vincent.  Vincent loves John Deere, because they are green and green is his favorite color.  Claas tractors in the USA are yellow, but in the rest of the world they are green.  The fact that John Deere makes kids books, kids movies, clothing and toys may have something to do with why Vincent loves them so much too.  Claas really doesn’t have any kids gear.   They asked Vince something and he started talking about John Deeres and how much he loved them.  I guess I failed to mention to him why the camera crew was at the farm!  The part I did hear was when they asked him why he didn’t like the Claas combine and he said “because it is too big!”
The crew that was at the farm was really nice.  They have traveled all over the world filming for Claas and it was interesting to hear the stories they had from filming farmers in other countries.  It will be interesting to see their interviews from farmers across the world.  As far as our portion of the video, I spent most of my time feeding Cecilia cereal and cleaning up after her and I am not sure Joel stood still long enough to be on camera, so we may not actually make the final cut.
At one point they were interviewing my brother in law away from the rest of us.  Kristine jokingly said she should go tackle him.  I told her to do it and then she chickened out.  Then Brad and I told her we would give her $5 to do it.  Keith thought it sounded good and jumped at it and so did Kristine.  They didn’t get him down to the ground but they did surprise him.  I should probably make good on my end of that deal!  Just to clarify, we did wait until they were done interviewing Bob before the kids tackled him.

No matter how it all turns out it was a nice opportunity to have a nice steak dinner and meet new people!

No comments:

Post a Comment