About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Little Sister


Oh, Ms. Cecilia Berdene!  That is a common phrase that comes out of my mouth lately.  I don’t know why I like calling her that I just do.  It is her full name and I enjoy using the boys’ full names as well, even when they aren’t in trouble.


Cecilia and Vincent.  My current favorite picture of them!


Cecilia 6.5 months and sitting

Cecilia usually only gets mentioned in passing and that isn’t really fair because she is around for 99% of what goes on around here.  Cecilia has found her voice and loves to babble, shriek and sound like a pterodactyl.  She is a smiley kid and will smile at most people.  If she sees someone she knows coming toward her she gets a huge smile on her face, her legs and arms start going and she just can’t contain herself.  She will grab your face with both hands and just stare at you for a second like you are some long lost treasure of hers.  Then she will attempt to eat your nose, cheek or really any body part she can get her hands on.



My brothers are silly!


Hi Joel!  Are you going to be nice?

Yes, Dear Sister.  I love you!



I am just going to hug you and cuddle you.  (I love this one!)



Not sure I want anymore hugs Joel.



Cecilia can’t be left alone anywhere!  For starters she rolls all over and she is learning to drag herself to anything she wants.  It does take her awhile but she eventually figures it out.  She loves her brothers’ toys and really doesn’t understand why I keep giving her baby toys to play with, she much prefers eating her brothers toys and books.  As of Labor day weekend she can know get her legs under her when she is on her belly, just the right position to start learning to crawl.



Mom, I am tired of hugs.

Get him away from me!


Some one save me!  Mom put the camera down and help me!


Cecilia is learning how to sit on her own.  She still needs a little support, but she is slowly getting stronger.  It usually goes really well until she gets excited and she starts kicking her legs or she reaches forward for a toy and falls over.  Each day is a major improvement!  If Bristol is nearby I will make her lay down near Cecilia and I will sit Cecilia next to Bristol.  Cecilia loves Bristol and Bristol makes a nice cushion if Cecilia falls.


Bristol and Cecilia.  Bristol was being nice she just looks crazy in this picture.


Cecilia is a really happy baby most of the time.  She just doesn’t like to be left in one room (in her swing, bouncy, etc) while everyone is in another room, even if she can see you.  If she isn’t tired having her brothers in the same room with her will usually keep her happy, but if she is tired she wants to be held and not left alone in another room.  Since just before Labor Day weekend she has become a big Mama’s girl and will suddenly decide that she only wants her mom.  It usually comes on suddenly, she is happy and playing and then just starts crying uncontrollably.  I walk over and save whatever poor soul has her and she smiles and stops instantly.  


 Bristol and Cecilia....best buds 


Bristol getting a little too comfy and using Cecilia as a leaning post

On August 2nd Cecilia’s dream (short term) finally came true and she got to eat something other than breast milk.  It was her first try at rice cereal.  We have now moved on to oatmeal.  She gets so excited to eat her cereal!  She is still grabbing at our food and plates, but at least I don’t feel guilty eating in front of her anymore.  Now she is up to having a couple different veggies and fruits and loves to eat!
Vince and Cecilia have always loved each other.  Vince has always loved to talk to her, cuddle with her, etc.  Lately he loves doing those things even more!  Cecilia’s little face just lights up when she sees Vincent and when he comes near her little legs just start kicking so fast!



Attacking Bristol's ear

Joel is learning how to be gentle with Cecilia and loves to love on her.  In the last 1-2 weeks he has really been gentle with her and just given hugs and kisses.  When I sit Cecilia down on the ground with pillows around her Joel rushes in and hugs her, which is really like a tackle in slow motion.  He has a huge grin on his face and reaches up to kiss her.  Cecilia’s face is usually smiling when Joel hugs her but when it lasts a little too long she shoots a look of concern in my direction.  The other day I don’t know what was happening but Joel had Cecilia laughing so hard!  It made me very happy!  Joel does get upset and will want to hold Cecilia by himself.  I let him, but I am not always sure it is in Cecilia’s best interest.  It is so wonderful to see the boys interact with Cecilia and her with them.  It just makes my heart smile!


Daddy and Cecilia!

No comments:

Post a Comment