About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, February 17, 2017

The Week of February 6th in Review

The week of Feb 6th was a little crazy around here.

Monday- Cecilia's Birthday!  I volunteered in her class, she had a friend over after school and then swimming lessons and Vincent's first dog class with Pete.

Tuesday- Cecilia went to her first gymnastics lessons, a birthday present from us and Grandma and Grandpa.  We had some free time before we picked up the boys from school, went to Joel's therapy, raced home so Vince and Brad could head to baseball camp and a 4-H livestock meeting.

Wednesday- I found out that 9/15 kids in Cecilia's class were going to be home sick.  Most of them had the stomach flu.  We were watching my nephew that day and I didn't not want him or my sister to end up with the stomach flu.  Dean went to the sitter's while I worked in the morning, Brad kept Cecilia with him and we all met up around lunchtime.  My aunt ended up meeting my sister at our house and stayed here watching my nephew until Brad came home around lunch time.  My aunt not only watched my nephew but cleaned up my house while he napped!  It was such a fun surprise to come home to. 

As soon as Abram was awake from his nap Dean wanted to take him outside.  I tried to tell him that Abram didn't have snow clothes.  Dean insisted that Abram could borrow his clothes, and he could wear Cecilia's and Cecilia could wear Joel's.  That isn't quite what happened but Dean did give up his winter boots and wore some pink and white winter boots.  We spent some time playing outside in the minute amount of snow that we had received in the morning.  Cecilia and Dean tried to teach Abram to eat snow.  He didn't know what to think about that but he had fun seeing the chickens, cats and horses. 


Me, Cecilia, and Abram

Abram and Cecilia


Dean, Abram and Cecilia



Me and the kids


Thursday- Our friend John came over after school to play with Cecilia.  They are a ball full of energy and they made use of every area in our house.  They have a lot of fun together until one of them gets tired and then they act like brother and sister.  While John was here Cecilia got her pants wet and needed to go change.  I asked her to go run and change in her room.  She didn't want to because she wanted John to go with her.  I had to try and explain that girls and boys need to change in separate areas.  She was so over tired and upset that she melted onto the floor and lost it. 

Friday-  We celebrated the kids' day off school with dentist appointments for the two oldest and a trip to the Crawford's for the kid sleepover.

Saturday-  Brad, Dean and I had a bit of time to ourselves on Saturday.  Brad worked on painting the tack room and Dean and I spent some time cuddling per his request.  Seriously who can say no to a sweet little face saying "Mommy, come cuddle me on the couch."  Not me!  We watched Paw Patrol and snuggled for an hour and it was great.  However, by 1pm he was saying "When we go pick up Sazee (Cecilia)?"  Either I wasn't entertaining enough or he just missed his sister.  It is hard to tell.  We concluded the night with the Crawfords dropping off the kids and staying for dinner.  The kids didn't to ever leave each other!

Sunday-  We concluded our busy week with Joel and I having our breakfast date in the garage.  Vincent was our waiter and we both got to have the food we wanted.  It was actually pretty great!  Now all the kids want to have their breakfast dates somewhere in the house or on the property.  After church Brad and Vincent stayed to help set up for an event that was happening that week.  They got home and we went to my dad's for dinner with my sisters and their families.  We left there early, after eating way too much delicious food, and headed to have dinner with a couple of my friends.  I was stuffed and watched them eat, but it was great to have a few hours out of the house with friends.


Aunt Carol and Joel working on Valentines


Cecilia and Nanno cooking
Joseph and Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment