In J's class they have a behavior chart. Red on the bottom (bad), then yellow, green (good), pink, and purple (awesome). J spends most of his time on green, occasionally he is on yellow and rarely pink or purple. When he is on pink or purple there is some cheering and dancing that happens when he shows us the paper at home, plus he gets extra electronic time. J insisted that it was possible to get "off the chart." I had my doubts about this being a real thing. Today J came home and said he got "off the chart." I thought he was joking because he had a funny grin on his face. I asked him if I should send a message to his teacher about it thinking he would say no because he was just joking. Instead he said "Why, she already knows, she gave it to me!" Finally we found his folder to confirm this information and it was true, J was off the chart today and he got an A+ on his writing assignment! These are things that don't happen often. We were so proud of J that we were all cheering and congratulating him! I don't think his smile could have been any bigger!

No comments:
Post a Comment