About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, February 27, 2017

80's Adult Prom Fundraiser

The boys' school hosted an adult 80's Prom for a PTO fundraiser.  I thought it was a good idea but had no plans to go to it.  Then I mentioned it to Brad and he said he would go, so I thought what the heck lets try something new.  My mom already had plans to watch the kids that weekend as part of our Christmas present.  I told her about the dance, she is creative and loves finding costumes and decorations and she is good at it.  I enjoy making costumes for the kids and lean on her for ideas when I get stumped, but the thought of finding clothes for Brad and I did not sound fun.  My mom showed up on Saturday with bags full of clothes for Brad and I.

She couldn't let us go without taking her picture with each of us.

Once I was dressed and my mom did my hair Joel saw me and said "Oh mommy you are beautiful!  I love you like that!"  Cecilia told me I was beautiful because I was wearing a pink dress.  Vincent saw me, his jaw dropped and he walked away yelling "There's a creepy lady in our house!"  On our way to the event we stopped at my brother and sister in laws' house to borrow his letterman jacket for Brad.  They weren't home but our niece, her boyfriend and my nephew were all home.  Brad thought it would be fun if we both went in to get the jacket.  Getting dressed up in 80's garb was worth it for their reaction.  They were surprised, shocked and laughing.  It was great!



Brad and I had fun at the dance.  There were only a handful of people that we knew.  They had a silent auction and we won front row seats for Vincent's music performance next year and a reserved parking spot at the school for 1/2 the school year next year.  It will save me time at drop of and pick up!  I am excited!



Brad and I ended up spending the night at my inlaws, they were out of town so we crashed in the guest bedroom.  The bedroom is in the basement and it stays very dark in there.  We were able to sleep in!!  I can't remember the last time we both got to sleep in past 7am.  We also were able to go run errands Sunday morning together and get a lot accomplished.  The kids loved having Grandma Dawn here and weren't real happy when we came back home.  They wanted more time with her! 


No comments:

Post a Comment