About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Big Sleepover

Our kids have sticks with their chores listed.  They are supposed to do the sticks, place them in the cup and then at the end of the day if their sticks are all done they get a golden stick.  10 golden sticks and you get to pick the reward of your choice.  We have set up play dates, went to a park, or they get to pick a small prize from the prize box.  It was all great for a couple months and now they do their sticks with prodding from me.  They all have them memorized and see no reason to move them to the cup and therefore rarely get golden sticks anymore.  It is frustrating on my end because I loved when they just looked at the board and saw what their jobs were and didn't have to ask me what to do next.


A little silly!


One day V asked me if he had 10 golden sticks could he pick something that J and C would like to do to.  I said yes because I could tell he was thinking of an activity, chances were I would bring them along instead of trying to find a babysitter, and each of the kids currently had less than 5 sticks.  V disappeared and went to play with J and C.  Well I thought they were playing when in fact they were coming up with a devious plan.  V convinced them to give him their sticks.  V then came up to me and said "I have 10 sticks.  I want to have a sleepover here with Lexi and Logan."  J and C were so excited they could barely stand it.  V came up with a plan, they trusted him, and I had been fooled!  I sent Heather a text explaining the situation and we agreed on a date.

Freshly painted nails!


This past weekend Lexi and Logan came over for the sleepover.  They came on Friday after school and we returned them around dinner time on Saturday.  Six very excited kids on Friday and 6 very tired kids by Saturday evening.  They ran around, played in the basement, played in the Lego room, played in the kids' rooms, played outside, made an obstacle course in Grandma's barn, had a movie night (Honey I Shrunk the Kids!) and even played on the Wii.  We even managed to distract Dean long enough to paint the girls' nails without any interruptions.  It was a fun filled and exhausting 24 hours!



I never did get a picture of all of them together!



No comments:

Post a Comment