About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Salamanders and Stomp Rockets





On June 3rd the kids really wanted to go to Grandma Diane’s house and I had a few things to return to her, so we loaded up the wagon and walked over.  While we were there we played play-doh, found and released a salamander that was in her window well, and found the stomp rocket we never took with us when we moved out of their house last summer.

The stomp rocket quickly because a prized possession that everyone felt the need to fight over.  At first it was fine because there were three rockets, but before long Vincent launched one on top of Grandma’s house and we were down to 2 rockets.  Always a problem when you have 3 kids!  After returning home I remembered I had a double stomp rocket in the basement I never gave the kids for Easter or Joel’s birthday.

The double stomp rocket was a hit and with 4 more rockets and now three ways to launch rockets the kids were all happy.  Until we lost 2 in a tree!  Ok, Vincent lost 2 in tree and Joel was not happy about it.  So I spent some time throwing mini basketballs at the tree.  They would then roll downhill toward the pasture and I would run after them and stop them before they rolled under the fence.  It was quite the sight to see!  I succeeded in not hurting myself and getting one of the rockets down.  Then the kids launched two rockets onto the roof, I refused to climb on the roof and made them wait for Brad.  They were very happy when Brad got home and climbed on the roof to get the rockets.  Joel tried to follow him and I wouldn’t let him, so he ran inside and went to our balcony and then watched Brad on the roof. 

Thanks to the rain overnight the last stomp rocket fell out of the tree, then two days later we lost another stomp rocket to the roof and I haven’t asked Brad to go get it yet.  I do have to admit the stomp rockets are a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment