About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Attempting to Spray




On June 1st we did a couple things we rarely do all in one day.  It started by skipping church, we rarely do that.  Then we headed off in the RV to Farmer City to spray on a Sunday.  It was just Brad, the kids and I. The major reason that we did all this is because it had been raining so much and it was finally fit to spray and Brad wanted to go for it before it rained again.   It had been a long time since the kids and I were able to go to Farmer City and the kids were thrilled.  They were literally making up songs and singing about going to Farmer City on the way down. 

Once we got down there we helped Brad move some equipment around and waited for him on the side of the field in the RV while he sprayed.  Joel took the first turn and was very excited to go.  I think they were excited about getting to sit in the buddy seat and not have to squeeze in the sprayer cab with their siblings and mommy.  After Joel had a turn it was Vincent’s turn.  Then as his turn was ending it started to rain!  At first it was just a little, then it picked up speed.  It rained for a little bit and then stopped.  Brad loaded Cecilia into the sprayer and drove to the next field hoping it maybe didn’t rain over there and that the rain was done for.   Unfortunately about 5 minutes after they left in the sprayer for the next field the wind picked up, the rain started and continued for a while.  The boys and I drove the RV to pick them up out of the field, moved a semi around and then parked to figure out a plan.  Brad and I couldn’t believe that we were going to end up driving 4 hours for 2 hours of spraying.  Brad asked the kids if they were having fun yet and they all said “yes, this has been so much fun today!”  At least someone thought it was fun and a worthwhile trip.

 On the way home we stopped to get some food and as we were sitting there eating Vincent said “Let’s talk about the past, wasn’t that fun!”  Brad and I were confused and said “sure, what do you want to talk about ?”  Vincent said “You know when I was 3 and Joel wasn’t around”  I said “But that never happened!”  He said “Well when I was 2 and Joel wasn’t around.”  Brad responded with “Sorry buddy, but that didn’t happen either!”  Vincent looked confused and I said “How about when you were 1 ½ years old and Joel wasn’t around.”  He said “yeah, that was fun.  Wasn’t it?”  Silly kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment