About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter 2013!


Easter is one of my mom’s favorite holidays and it is for many reasons, but among the reasons is the fact that she gets to host it.  This year all of us kids arrived at my mom and Dave’s on Saturday.  Brad, the kids and I stayed in our RV.  Alyse, Jill and the Joes all stayed at the hotel in town.    It was a little disappointing that we weren’t all staying in one place, but that went out the window when I realized they had a pool at their hotel.  Saturday night we all invaded the hotel and had pizza for dinner.  During dinner Vincent really wanted one of the Joes to sit with him at the little table.  When I tried to sit by him he told me no.  Then Grandma Dawn tried to sit by him and he let her, but he was not happy about it and he said “I am just really disappointed right now because I wanted cool Joe to sit with me!”   After dinner Brad, Vincent, Joel and I went swimming.  Cecilia really wanted to swim, but we didn’t let her do more than just getting her feet wet.

Vincent and Daddy

Vincent and Daddy



I love to swim, except if the water is cold.  The water at the hotel wasn’t super warm but it wasn’t freezing either.  Usually Vincent is hesitant of the water but he put his life jacket on and jumped right in and started making friends.  He gets very excited lately to make new friends.  He went swimming right over to a group of kids playing and to a grandpa and grandson that were playing and introduced himself and started talking with them.  Then every time he made a new friend he would swim over and say “Mommy, did you see me?!”  The first time I said “Yes! And you are doing such a great job swimming!”  What did he say?  “No mommy!  Did you see me make a friend?”  Where did this kid come from?

Family Photo Easter 2013



Cecilia

There was a small water slide in the pool.  Vincent went down it once (with a little push from Aunt Kasi.  We told her to do it!) and was not too excited about going again.  Joel wanted to go down but kept chickening out too, so we asked Aunt Kasi to give him a little push too.  Joel acted like he didn’t like it, but he kept wanting to go again.  After a 2-3 times down the slide Joel was having so much fun.  He couldn’t get enough of the slide!  Brad would help him at the top and I would catch him (he had a life jacket on).  Then he would climb out of the pool and go again.  He was not happy when it was time to leave!


Joe, Alyse and Dunkin

Cecilia showing off her cool shades


Super Vincent and his sidekick Aunt Jill

Starting Saturday night and continuing on all week Aunt Jill and Vincent were playing superheroes.  Aunt Jill was the sidekick and she was doing a fine job keeping up with Vincent’s imagination! 


Aunt Jill, Joel and cupcake #1

Vincent and Joe


Grandma Pat, Kasi, Annie, Papa, and Kennidy

Cecilia and Vincent on the trampoline...he was retrieving her for me!

Joel jumping!

They all had fun on the trampoline, but did not like when Mommy jumped with them.

Crazies!

Easter was a little more relaxed this year.  It was the first year we didn’t do a craft or an adult scavenger hunt.  It was a nice change, although it would have been fun to do one of the activities.  We still had the egg hunt and both Joel and Vincent had a lot of fun looking for eggs and found quite a few.  The fact that Brad helped hide the eggs and was helping the boys find the eggs was helpful.  Cecilia didn’t care about the eggs, she liked the potbellied pig!  


One of many group pictures on my camera

A color version

Joel on the hunt for eggs

Joel looking for eggs


He found one!

Brad helping the boys


Joe, Alyse and Annie risking their lives for eggs


Vincent and his bag of eggs


Hello piggy!


Come back!  I like you!


Mommy, are you seeing this?



Kennidy spent a lot of time on Saturday and Sunday making delicious desserts for everyone.  They were delicious!   The problem was that she made cupcakes, really wonderful cupcakes, and they were all at Joel’s eye level.  Joel has a cupcake problem…he will eat all of them!  He tried to eat most of them after 7-8 cupcakes he was cut off.  The sugar crash was not pretty!  I am thinking about suggesting a ban on cupcakes until Joel can get over his cupcake addiction, or at least hiding them so he can’t find them.



Excuse me, but who are you?


She really loved the pig and wasn't scared at all!


The kids had a lot of fun camping at Grandma Dawn and Papa Razzi’s house!  They were not very happy about having to leave.


Hello piggy!


Cecilia and the pig



Heading home!

No comments:

Post a Comment