About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bouncetown with the Kirk's



On Tuesday we went with the Kirk’s to Bouncetown.  We love Bouncetown! We had 2 adults and 7 children and we were ready to have some fun.  There are 3 rooms at Bouncetown filled with inflatable bouncy houses and obstacle courses.  Usually during open bounce only rooms 1 and 2 are open and they rotate you from room to room every 30 minutes.  But last week was spring break for a lot of schools in our area, since there were so many people they had all three rooms open.  Vincent was so excited that room 3 was open!  Room 3 has a rock climbing wall and a Velcro wall.  Two Vincent has never tried!

Vincent tried rock climbing once, but wasn’t having a lot of luck at it.  His arms and legs just weren’t long enough.  He did like the Velcro wall bouncy house.  He put on his Velcro suit and jumped up and had a blast sticking to the wall.  A few times he got stuck and Tyler had to go grab him and pull him off the wall.  Vincent spend the first 30 minutes we were there asking me if I minded if he made new friends, telling me he made new friends, and asking me if I wanted to make new friends.  I am really glad he is comfortable walking up to strangers and introducing himself, but I am a little more reserved.   I finally had to remind him that he was there to play with Austin and not just to walk around and make friends.  Austin and Vincent spent the rest of the time running around and playing, sometimes they were together and sometimes Vincent would wander off to make new friends.

Vincent running toward the wall after Tyler

Vincent stuck to the velcro wall


Joel did really well.  At first he was overwhelmed by the number of people and the bouncy houses, but after a few minutes he was over it.  He loved going down the slides, jumping in the bouncy house.  Joel preferred rooms 1 and 2, but I think that was mostly because they weren’t crowded at all, and he has been on those bounce houses many times.  He played with Vincent and the Kirk children sometimes and went off by himself to play with other kids sometimes.



Tyler dragging Vincent away from the velcro wall




Vincent trying to do the rock climbing wall


Cecilia was even able to get in on the action.  They have a huge inflatable slide and Cecilia loved it!  It was kind of hard to walk up it while holding a child and a couple times I was pretty sure I was going to fall on top of her but we made it.  I was too nervous to send her by herself and she wasn’t thrilled about sitting on my lap, so we compromised and she sat next to me as we went down the slide.  After several turns down I was tired of climbing up the slide, so I sent her with Tyler and Jackelynn. 

Afterwards we went to Chick-Fil-A.  The kids were thrilled because we were actually eating inside and not just going to the drive thru.  Amy and I rarely take our kids inside a restaurant so it was a big treat.  It was the first time I had been in the restaurant since it opened over 1 year ago.  It is really nice inside, the food was really good and the whole restaurant was really clean.  Well it was clean until Joel and Cecilia ate, then it wasn’t that clean anymore.  They are little mess makers.

It was a fun afternoon!  I wish I would have taken more pictures!  It is hard to take pictures while helping Joel and Cecilia climb and bounce.


No comments:

Post a Comment