About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Friday Night Cuddle Time



Vincent loves to cuddle, but a lot of times I don’t have all night to lay down and cuddle him.  Vincent’s version of cuddling is having someone sleep in his bed all night long with him.  I will cuddle him for a few minutes but if I stay in his room too long I fall asleep. Last week on Friday night he asked if I would cuddle him.  I said sure and set the timer on my phone for 15 minutes, hoping he would be asleep by then and that I could stay up that long.   

As we were laying there Vincent was telling me about his day and how he got to see his "best favorite preschool girlfriend" at Aunt Sarah’s house after school.  I was confused about who it could possibly be, so I asked if he remembered her name and he didn’t.  Then I asked if it was one of Karoline’s friends and he said he said it was.   Then he volunteered more information and said “she was wearing a colorful shirt and it was so pretty that I couldn’t even stand it t!”  It turned out to be an 8th grade girl from Vincent’s school.  The 8th graders help the preschoolers once a week, so that is why he called her his preschool girlfriend.

After Vincent told me his stories he said "Ok, lets go to sleep Mommy."  Per usual, I turned off my alarm when it went sounded and fell asleep in Vincent's bed.  I woke up a little over an hour later, crawled into my own bed and fell asleep.  Normally I am not in bed before 11:30pm, that night I was in my own bed by 10:30!  In the morning I woke up to Vincent cuddling me in our room.  The kid is like a heat seeking missile.  He can find me no matter where I am sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment