About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hide 'n Seek, a milk jug and a dinner party


Hide 'N Seek

The kids and I played hide-n-seek the other day.  Historically it is a very easy game in our house.  The kids are terrible at hiding and it takes them forever to find me.  Well the tables are starting to turn around!  We played the other day and I helped Joel hide in a box while Cecilia and I hid behind the couch.  Vincent found me right away behind the couch.  I couldn’t hide in a better spot because I needed to keep a visual on the two younger kids.  Then I counted to 20 and then Joel, Cecilia and I went to find Vincent.  We looked downstairs and he was no where to be found.  Then we headed upstairs and looked everywhere and still we couldn’t find him and he wasn’t making any noise.  I left Joel upstairs to keep looking and I headed back downstairs.  I was getting a little nervous that I couldn’t find him.  Then I heard something upstairs, it was Joel talking!  Cecilia and I headed upstairs to find Joel talking Vincent.  Vincent was underneath his bed and Joel found him.  The first thing Vincent said to me was “Mommy you didn’t look very hard!”  We had been in his room earlier and I had Joel look under the bed and he didn’t see Vincent so we moved on to look in other places.  I told Brad what happened and apparently Vincent hid in the same place the other day when they played hide ‘n seek, so maybe he isn’t as good as I thought.


 A Milk Jug

The other day as I was trying to get the kids out the door, Cecilia found something to keep her busy as I was trying to get the boys’ shoe and coats on.  She took an empty milk jug that was sitting on the floor, unscrewed the lid, put cheerios from her snack cup in it, and screw the lid back on it and brought it to me.  I know that a milk jug filled with cheerios isn’t really impressive, but that took a lot of fine motor skills to accomplish!


A Dinner Party

This past week I was invited to a dinner party at a friend’s house.  It was a Tastefully Simple party where you make 10 meals and then take them home and freeze them.  It only took 1.5-2 hours (plus 1 hour of prep before the party)!  Actually I ended up splitting several of the meals before I froze them because they would have been too much food for our family, so I ended up with 18 meals.  We have had one meal so far and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment