About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Imperfect Parenting Moments


No parent is perfect, but it is the imperfect moments that make for great stories!   A few weeks ago I was in a hurry trying to get Joel and Cecilia out of the house so we could pick up Vincent at school.  I had my shoes and coat on, Cecilia had her shoes and coat on and Joel had his coat on.  Joel opened the door and I said “Ok, let’s go!” Joel walked right out the door and then quickly started crying saying “No Shoes!  No Shoes!”  I completely forgot to put his shoes on!  Who does that?!  We didn’t have time for getting them, so I scooped him up and carried him to the car so we wouldn’t be late.



Vincent, Cecilia and Joel



A month or two ago we were upstairs in our bathroom and there was a squirrel sitting in the tree outside our picture window.  Until recently our dogs have kept all the squirrels out of our yard.  The squirrel was just sitting there.  Brad joked about shooting him, but our gun, ammo, and key to unlock the gun are all located in different parts of the house.  I told Brad there was no way that he could go get everything he needed without the squirrel moving.  All Brad heard was “blah, blah, blah my wife bet me I couldn’t do something.” 

That is just my version of the story, he may have actually heard what I said.  Brad was able to get everything, and the squirrel never moved.  He propped open the window and got ready to shoot the squirrel when Vincent walked into our bathroom to see what was going on.  Vincent has never seen Brad or I hold a gun until that moment.  With Vincent watching Brad shot the squirrel.  Vincent was impressed!  So was I!  Unfortunately it was a Sunday morning, we were getting ready for church and Brad and I was hoping that Vincent wasn't going to go around telling everyone at church about the squirrel daddy killed.



No comments:

Post a Comment