For starters, Kennidy and I got to go do something together without any small children or sisters around. That never happens. Kennidy is 15 years younger than me and it is very rare if we ever do something just the two of us. Going on a trapeze is something we have both always wanted to do. I never thought it would happen. I didn't realize there were classes for this kind of thing. I just assumed you had to join the circus or something to learn how to fly on a trapeze.
| The ladder to the platform. |
The instructors at the school were great. They were helpful and encouraging and didn't waste anytime teaching us our first trick. There are only 10 people allowed in each class and our class had 9 people. As soon as someone was up on the platform the next person climbed up so everyone could get as many turns as possible in a 2 hour time period. We were in harness the whole time and everything was very safe.
| The platform |
For our trick we put our knees up over the bar and hung upside down with our arms extended out. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to get my legs up and over the bar. My stomach muscles are almost nonexistent. Having three kids in just over 3.5 years will do that to you! Plus I really didn't want to be shown up by Kennidy. I have always been able to wrestle her down and put her in her place, having 15 years on her helps! She is now older and strong. I can still take her down in a wrestling match it just takes significantly more effort (and maybe a few dirty tricks) to do it. Maybe I should start working out before Christmas in case we end up having a rematch from our Halloween match.
| Kennidy about to jump |
Anyway, it turns out it was not so hard getting your legs up and over the bar. I wasn't super graceful but I managed to do it every time. We were able to fly 4-5 times and do flips to get off the bar. I can not tell you how much fun it was, it was unbelievable. The last 2 turns we had one of the instructors went on another trapeze, hung upside down and then caught us while we were hanging upside down. The catch was amazing, the timing had to be perfect and as soon as we locked arms with the instructor we let go of our bar. Kennidy and I successfully did that trick twice!
| Kelli getting ready to jump |
The slogan the company has is "Forget the fear. Worry about the addiction." It is completely accurate. I am addicted! Someday I will go back and take lessons again. I will bring Brad next time if he doesn't want to participate he can always watch. My mom watched Kennidy and I and I think she had just as much fun watching as we did participating. She was nice enough to take some videos and when I got home I made Brad and the kids watch. Vince is already asking how old he has to be to go on a trapeze. I think I told him 6 years old. By then Joel and Cecilia will probably be begging to go as well.
| Our instructor getting ready to catch us |
It was a great day morning with my mom and Kennidy. A great ending to a fun filled weekend with my family. I was exhausted when Vincent, Cecilia and I finally made it home. And for those of you wondering my stomach muscles and triceps were so sore the next day that I could barely sit up in bed the next morning. It was all worth it and I would love to do it again!
| Kennidy getting ready to fly |

No comments:
Post a Comment