A couple weeks ago the kids and I did a ton of errands and ended up stopping to pick up food for the guys on our way home. Brad was driving one of the semis and was dumping a load of grain at the farm, so I met him there to drop off everyone's food. When we got there the boys started complaining and wanting out of the truck. I don't blame them, it had been a long morning of running around and I was about ready to melt too.
 |
| Climbing a tree |
 |
| Juliet, Keith's cow |
 |
| Joel "feeding" the cows |
Most of my melting came from the fact that I took 3 kids to the doctor's office for a quick check up for Joel. Joel then proceeded to have a complete meltdown for the doctor. He closed his eyes when they turned off the lights and tried to look at his eyes. He screamed most of the exam and I had to hold him down (with one hand because I had Cecilia in the other) so the doctor could even look at him. It was supposed to be an easy trip so I didn't even think about having someone watch Vincent and Cecilia.
 |
| Vincent trying to get Juliet to come by him. |
 |
| Joel petting Juliet |
Anyway, as the kids were begging to get out of the truck I had two choices. Say no, listen to crying all the way home and find something fun to do at home. My other choice was to let them out of the truck and do something fun at the farm. I chose to do option number two. I loaded the kids and their gear into the Ranger and we headed back to what we call "the woods." We did the typical "look at Mommy and Daddy's tree" and let's run up and down the hill. Both things that I enjoy. We also climbed a tree, played in some leaves and drove around having fun together. Just me and my three helpers.
 |
| Joel petting Grandma Diane's bird |
 |
| Vincent giving the bird a treat |
Later we went to the barn and visited with Keith's cows and Karoline's bunny. While we were in there Grandma Diane and Kristine wandered into the barn, their second home. Grandma got one of her parakeets out for the boys to pet and then got Barney saddled for Vincent to ride. We offered Joel a chance to ride, but he didn't want to. He preferred taking off his shoes and socks, running through the arena and making me nervous he was going to get run over by a horse. Vince did a great job riding, steering and following directions instead of just sitting on Barney and going along for the ride. He went around trying to catch Grandma Diane who was running in the arena and Kristine who was riding her horse around.
 |
| Cecilia sitting on Barney |
We didn't make it home until dinner time, a dangerous time around our house. Think feeding time at the zoo! It can get ugly. Sometimes I actually shut the baby gates so they can't get in the kitchen and raid it for snacks while I am cooking. When I left in the morning I didn't plan to be gone all day, but it was fun and I think we all needed a change from our normal routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment