About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Carseat Terrors


When we were trying to follow Bob and Brad to a new field after we took the Bonomo’s for a ride I gave Vincent the choice of riding in the tractor or the truck to the next field.  He chose the truck.  Then he proceeded to stand and cry uncontrollably about not wanting to ride in a carseat.  We are talking tears, snot, difficulty breathing, unable to talk, and loud crying.  I didn’t know what to do.  I figured he had to stop eventually and there was no way I was strong enough to wrestle him into his carseat, especially since he sits in the middle.  My plan was to wait it out, eventually he had to stop.

Lucky for me Brad came back to help move some equipment around and he stopped to see what was going on.  He was able to wrestle Vincent into the carseat in his truck.  On the short 2 min drive to the field Vince didn’t stop crying and Brad explain to him that we want him in a carseat so that he stays safe.  When we got to the field Brad left Vince in the carseat to collect himself.  Brad then went back to the truck several minutes later and found out what the problem was.  It turns out some kids at school called Vincent a baby because he still rides in a carseat.  A lot of the kids in preschool ride in booster seats.  Vincent discovered this when he went on a field trip.  Vincent is not tall enough and not even close to weighing enough to be in a booster seat, so he is stuck in a carseat with a 5 point harness.  The field trips were several weeks ago and I guess I didn't realize what a big deal it was for him to still be in a carseat.

Brad again explained to Vincent that we want to keep him safe and that is why we have carseats.  He was quick to say sorry to me and Brad for throwing a fit.  Later I told him to just tell his friends that he is not a baby and that his mommy is mean and won’t let him have a booster seat.  I don’t think he would say that but I wish he would.  I also asked him why he is so concerned with turning 5.  It turns out he is under the impression that once he turns 5 he doesn’t have to be in a carseat.  I didn't bother to tell him he was wrong.  We have over 6 months for him to figure that out!


No comments:

Post a Comment