About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

She said "Yes"!

This past weekend we went wedding dress shopping for my sister Jill.  My mom, Jill, Alyse, Kasi, Kennidy and I all piled in my mom's car and headed out for the store on Saturday morning.  I don't exactly enjoy shopping but I was excited to watch someone else shop.  I could have fun because I didn't have to make any of the decisions!

This in NOT the dress, I just needed a picture of a wedding dress!  I kind of wanted to try this one on for fun.

While we were shopping Annie and Bianca watch the 3 kids at my dad's house.  They did a good job and all the kids even took naps.  Annie was the the main diaper changer and both Joel and Cecilia were getting over diarrhea.  I felt a little guilty leaving them with her but she survived and I wasn't going to miss out on shopping.

Looking through the dress options


We started off our shopping at David's Bridal.  Jill had an idea of what she was looking for, but I could tell she wasn't 100% sure.  We decided that we would all pick out a dress (or 2) for her to try on.  Kennidy, Kasi and I wandered around the aisles of dresses together.  We took into account very little of what Jill wanted and thought more about what we thought she would (should) like.  Kennidy has been watching "Say Yes to the Dress" and was informing us all of how it should go.  Kasi and I were mostly listening.


Kasi, Kennidy, me and Mom waiting for Jill to try on another dress

Nice face Alyse!  Mom, very proud of her beautiful daughter Jill

Kasi and Mom making faces

Once we had all the dresses we went by the changing room.  Alyse (the maid of honor) went in the dressing room with Jill while the rest of us waited (not so patiently) in chairs waiting for the fashion show.  Jill had given Kennidy her iPad to take pictures and I was taking pictures with my camera.  While we waited for Jill we took pictures of our feet, ourselves, used strange photo programs to make creepy pictures of ourselves and make bets on when Mom would start crying.  We also watched another girl trying on dresses.  We wanted to speak up and tell her which dress she looked the best in.  Luckily the 10+ people she brought with her came to the same conclusion as us, so we didn't need to interject.

Mom running out in the torrential downpour to get the car for us.  Jill may have left her window open!

It is no surprise that Jill looked nice in every dress she tried on.  When Jill saw the dress I picked out she didn't want to try it on, but I asked her to humor me.  She did and it turned out she love it.  Well, until she found a different dress she loved more at the next store.  It only took us a few hours and two stores to find "the dress."  I can't remember the name of the second store, I think it was Here Comes the Bride.  It was small and the staff was amazing.  They were very nice and so helpful!  Once Jill found "the dress" Alyse brought out the champagne!  Ok, I am not sure if Jill decided it was "the dress" before or after the champagne.  Then afterwards we celebrated with lunch!  Which was great because it was around 2pm and we were all starving.



Mom and Kasi


Great work Alyse


The bride, Mom and the MOH

It was fun day of shopping, something that I rarely say.  I now have a camera full of pictures of Jill in random wedding dresses looking beautiful in all of them!  If you want to see what Jill looks like in a wedding dress you will have to wait until September.


Kasi and Cecilia after dress shopping


Annie, Alyse, Kasi, Jill, Vincent and Cecilia


Joel wanted to go take a walk with Dunkin instead of taking a picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment