About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Julie and Jeremy's Wedding



The weekend before Halloween we went to a beautiful wedding.  Brad’s cousin Julie married Jeremy.  It turns out Jeremy is from my hometown and was in my sister’s high school class.  Small world!  They had the wedding reception at a building on our county fairgrounds only once you were inside you forgot that you were at the fairgrounds.  The decorations inside were amazing!  They were very simple yet so eloquent. 


Beautiful lights


The morning of the wedding I cut Joel’s hair.  Actually I cut without a guard on the clippers, so he actually looked bald.  Joel has a terrible cut on top of his head he won’t stop itching and putting ointment on it was making his hair gross, so I shaved it all off.  Joel was quite the character at the wedding and I don’t know if his new haircut had anything to do with it.  For starters he ran up to about a dozen random people and hugged their legs, said “Hi”, and showed them his Lightning McQueen car before he ran off to hug someone else.  Joel is not normally outgoing, so we were all a little surprised by his behavior.  The other thing Joel did was when he saw a kid his age or younger he would pet their heads.  They all had hair and he no longer had hair, so I don’t know if that had something to do with it.  Either way it made me laugh!


There was a picture of a tree and every guest put a ink fingerprint on it and signed their name instead of a guest book



Beautiful decorations

Brad has several cousins that have children around our kids ages.  It makes it great because we can all stand and talk while the children run around and no one is offended when you have to stop your conversation to go chase one of your children.  It was a lot of fun visiting with all of the cousins, aunts and uncles.  The kids had a blast!  They spent a majority of the time running in circles and back and forth to the bathroom.  Joel ran into the men's bathroom once and I had to send Vincent after him.  He drug him out by the back of his shirt.  Joel did not find it as funny as I did.


Joel and Brad

Another surprise from the wedding was when someone approached me and asked me if I remembered them.  Of course I didn’t!  I felt terrible but I just didn’t.  She was nice enough to tell me her name and that helped a ton!  She was on the cross country team with me in high school.  If I remember right, and I may not, she was a freshman when I was a senior.  She was so nice and such a great teammate.  It was fun to see her all grown up, married and happy.  I am glad she recognized me and took the time to come say hi.




Daddy and Cecilia

Millie and Cecilia

It was a fun evening  crammed in the middle of a busy weekend, which seems to be a part of our normal life lately.

Brad and I after the wedding. 



No comments:

Post a Comment