About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Test Party

Last month my Dad and Vincent decided they were going to have a test party.  Apparently that is like a practice party.  They were going to have a party with just the two of them (and anyone else that wanted to join) and call it a practice party and then have another party later and invite everyone.  They were both saying "Let's get this party started!"

So the same weekend that we went dress shopping Vincent spent the night at my dad's house (so did Cecilia and I but we did not participate in the party).  Vincent was so excited to spend time with Nanno.  They started the night with a movie at the theater complete with popcorn and pop.  When they came back there was candy, snacks, and more movies.  Vincent was convinced they were staying up all night until the sun came up.


Cecilia and Nanno

Cecilia and I were spending the night at my dad's that night too because I needed to be in Chicago the next day and didn't want to drive all the way home.  Brad met me for dinner that night at my dad's house and then took Joel home with him.  Once Brad and Joel headed home, Cecilia and I went into the basement to have some nice quiet time and avoid the party because it was Nanno's night with Nanno's rules.  Plus I was exhausted and I had no intention of staying up until the sun came up.

Well, Vincent didn't stay up until the sun came up but he thinks he did.  Around 11 or so Vincent ended up in bed with me.  I was under the impression I wasn't going to be involved in the sleepover but Vincent loves cuddling with me so I am not surprised he wanted to sleep by me.  My dad told me that when it got late he took Vincent to the window and showed him all the street lights (he lives in the suburbs) and told Vincent that it was starting to get light out and it was almost morning time.  Vincent, being 4 years old, believed him and agreed to go right to bed.


Joel crashing the test party


The next morning Vincent woke up and told me "I really needed a good sleep I was partying late."  His second concern was that Nanno went to church without him.  I assured him that it was way too early to go to church (it was only 7:30am).  My dad, Vincent and my dad's friend Azra all spent the day together on Sunday while Cecilia and I were in Chicago.  I am very grateful that they were able to have some great bonding time and make a few memories too.

On a side note Joel said "Nanno" while we were at my dad's.  Joel rarely uses people's names and it is the first time he had used a name of any sort to refer to any of his grandparents! 

No comments:

Post a Comment