About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Grandma's Party


My grandparents are snowbirds.  Every year they head out to Palm Springs California to get away from the cold Illinois winters.  It started with just being gone for a few weeks or month, and it has now progressed to the beginning of November until the end of March.  We miss them terribly when they are gone, but thanks to modern technology we still get to “see” them.  This year I am hoping to actually get to go visit them, we will see how that works out!


Aunt Carol and Vincent


My Grandma and Cecilia...so sweet!



My grandma through herself a party a couple weeks ago at the country club they belong to.  She wanted to get all her kids and grandkids together before they left, but she didn’t want to have to cook or clean.  Not all my cousins could make it since some are away at college, but a majority of us were there.  It was fun to see everyone.


My dad and Cecilia


Lou and Nanno

At the same time as our gathering there was also a class reunion and a wedding!  The kids thought the party was “boring” to quote Vincent.  He was right because for small children it was a little boring, but he also asked if he could have his birthday party there, so I guess it wasn’t that boring.  I did bring toys for the kids, but those are only entertaining for so long.  I on the other hand had fun talking with my aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, dad, and grandparents!


My dad, Cecilia and my Nanno


While we were there Vincent asked my grandma if he could have his birthday party there.  She said yes!  He is aware his birthday is in the summer, but he is already planning for it.  Lately turning five is all he can talk about.  Vincent also learned to say “I like it.  I love it.  I want some more of it.” And “Party Time!”  My dad had him singing both phrases and they have already planned a time for my dad and Vince to have their own party.  Something else Vince learned was how to crash a wedding.  Ok, not really but Uncle Tony was helping him spy on the wedding that was going on at the same time as our little party.

Uncle Tony and Vincent trying to crash a wedding

The kids were wired by the end of the party and stayed awake for awhile on the ride home.  They didn’t make it all the way home awake, but pretty close.  Brad and I spent the ride home discussing how hard it is to take children to a place/event like that, especially when there are no other children, and be able to have a conversation.  It is nearly impossible!  That is the stage of life we are in now and we like it, but it would be more fun if we weren’t the only ones in our families in this stage of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment