About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, May 8, 2017

The Rain Dance

The weekend after Easter they were originally calling for rain.  I was good with that.  We had some stuff around here I really needed Brad's help with the following week because I could not be in 2-3 places at the same time.  We needed rain to make life work and the ground was starting to get dry and needed some rain.  Several days of them calling for rain and we got nothing or a tiny drizzle.  Brad came home one afternoon and told the kids to do a rain dance.  He demonstrated on the back porch, right down to his undies and 1 sock.  Vincent, Cecilia and Dean didn't give it a second thought and did exactly what Daddy did.  Joel realized what was going on and suddenly joined in.  By then Brad was fully clothed again and we had 4 kids in undies all wearing one sock and doing a rain dance on the picnic table.  They have some great moves!  They begged me to join in and I refused but I enjoyed watching them.



Brad jokingly said you need to take it to the field and off ran Vincent and Cecilia thru the backyard and down the path to the closest field we farm.  Doing a rain dance in their undies and 1 sock.  Joel and Dean joined them eventually but they were not as fast.  It started drizzling and they were sure their rain dance worked.  They were so very excited!  I couldn't stop laughing.  In hindsight the rain dance worked too well and we got way more rain than we needed for the next week or more.  I am not sure what the final verdict was on the rain dance if we had too many people dancing or if they just danced for too long.  We tried to have them do a stop rain dance where they would do the opposite of what they did for the rain dance but we couldn't convince them to go into the cold rain to do it.


There are a couple videos that will be saved forever so I can show my grandchildren someday how silly their parents were as kids.  I will share this picture...

Four of my favorite dancers...may they always dance like no one is watching

No comments:

Post a Comment